Superheroes in Training

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Has it really been two years?

I think because Seth screamed for a year before becoming a fairly pleasant toddler that first year of his life kind of blurred. Add a pregnancy to his next year and it feels like I blinked and he grew up-into a two year old :)
Blame it on me trying to manage 4 kids, or little sleep, or the fact that all the kids (Besides Clark) have been sick for the past week, but this birthday was my most low key one yet. Like no cake low key... But in my defense I did make cookies from a cake mix.
Seth was none the wiser and focused on his little Debbie snacks instead anyways.

Seth has a very strong personality-which translates into him being my most difficult child. I know that this will be a good thing in the future-Hopefully he sticks so stubbornly to his beliefs and standards as he does to calling me daddy even though I have corrected him every time he said it over the last month. That doesn't really bother me so much as the fact that disciplining has no effect on him. So far I haven't managed to convince him to stop messing with my computer, camera, phone or anything else that he thinks is communal property. Hitting is a form of communication for him-along with pitching fits.  He also loves to smile and on the rare occasion that he does understand that he is in trouble he tries to win you over with them. He continues to be my child who charms most people he meets. He also is my only child that I have had to child proof my house for.

I love that he is in our family however. I love his strength and determination and his willingness to love and forgive. Right now him and his daddy are pretty inseparable which makes it easier for me in the evenings. I love His special little voice. He loves to sing and will blabber along with whatever song you play not getting most of the words right but enjoying belting it out. I love him a ton and cannot wait until him and Clark have each other to play with.

Me with the Birthday Boy
And this picture is added in honor of MD.
Happy Birthday Seth!

2 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Love the Little Debbie with candles. Sounds good to me! And I love that Hyrum is playing with your hair in these pictures. Happy Birthday Seth!

The Katy Daileys said...

Oh, my goodness! All Super Mom capes must go in the closet that first year of a new baby's life! My sister just had her second and I keep reminding her that you just have to get through the first year (then you will feel normal). You are doing an amazing job with these absolutely precious boys! I love reading about their personalities and all they are doing! Good job, Mom! The cape (and perfect birthday parties) can come out later! :0)