Superheroes in Training

Friday, July 16, 2010

What would I do without my boys? I know if I really sat down and tried to make a list I could probably come up with a long one-Simple things like bathe when I want to or go to a clothing store. But without these kiddos I would miss so much!! MD is my little buddy these days and I love the conversations we have. Today we were walking home from the park and I turned around to tell MD to hurry up when he looked at me and yelled "No! mommy you not be mad!!! Mommy you HAVE to be happy!" I guess I had my discipline face on :)

He lately has been telling me the things that is going through his mind at the moment like "Mommy we had to go inside because I saw the sun but it went behind the cloud and it will get dark and the sprinklers will come on and get me."

I know these are conversations that only myself and family members will find at all entertaining but I guess what surprises me so much is that my little 3 year old is thinking for himself. He no longer repeats what I say but has original thoughts. He also has discovered his "thing" It seems like kids seem to zero on one thing or another that becomes their focus. For MD it is trains. He LOVES trains and his favorite movie is Thomas the Train. One of his new things to say if someone is bugging him is "He's a bossy boiler!" Or sometimes if the opposite is true he'll say "He's NOT a bossy boiler"

This kiddo is definitely one of a kind :) .

The other night I walked in to find MD photographing his trains-Here is one of MD's shots. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Meg Barry said...

Oh LOu! They are so cute. I wish we could play with you everyday! Jane call's people "Stinky Pete" like on toy story when they are not being nice. Annie was being bratty the other day and Jane said, "Oh no! Stinky Pete!"