You are the baby that came in the midst of turmoil for me. Your daddy was off being a hero, being my own personal captain Moroni, while I was at home being pregnant and raising a 1 year old. There were many moments that I wondered how in the world I could handle raising two children alone, and many nights I felt so terribly alone as I felt you kick me and I had no one but a tired 1 year old to share it with. However I had received a blessing from your father before he left that told me how excited you were to be joining my family. Knowing you wanted to come be my baby brought me comfort.
Then there was your c-section. It was the most painful thing I had ever gone through. However as soon as I had recovered and met you I realized how much I would have done it hundreds of times over just to bring you into the world.
You were my angel baby. The comfort that I needed until your father came home. You never cried, or whined and added so much joy into my life that the 6 months after you were born without your father were so much easier then the first six months he was gone. The Lord knew I needed you.
Then you became your brother Michael's best friend. I watched your relationship grow as Michael decided that you were not a pest, but a good friend and partner in crime. You and him raced around and broke everything in your paths.
There is so much energy in you, so much happiness that you have to share. I love that you are my child. I love that you ask me everyday if I am happy, because it concerns you when I am not. There is a light inside you that is contagious and spreads to everyone you interact with. Many times I have been frustrated, but you have come and lightened my load with your happy nature and loving attitude. You are still one of my biggest comforts.
As I watch you struggle with Seth as you struggle to figure out your place, I am amazed that in all of your struggling, there is still so much love that you give to your baby brother. You love having him around you and love making him happy. There is such a generous nature in you that I hope to learn from you, and become more like you.
I love my personal superman
3 comments:
What a special post. He really is a special little boy!
Oh the tears totally came. I feel so connected with you as a fellow "army wife." This post will be cherished by him.
So sweet and SO handsome!
Post a Comment