A few days ago I hit the 30 week milestone!
I'm super uncomfortable and creaky and the baby constantly moves around and makes my stomach look all funky.
I'm super uncomfortable and creaky and the baby constantly moves around and makes my stomach look all funky.
I decided to stop fighting the weight gain (Not that fighting would help)
and now just enjoy the process of packing it on.
Pasta, chocolate, bread-YUM!
only a few more months to enjoy it before I have to revert back to my restrictive diet.
50 pounds should be easy to lose right :)
Family update!
It's been awhile since I have gone over the ups and down of the latest Huish family drama (Though more often I feel like my life is more a comedy)
Michael:
Man oh man this guy literally is my personal superhero. Lucky for me he has the summer off from school, unfortunately for him I am humongously pregnant and can barely roll myself out of bed. He keeps me giggling though as I listen to him take over my role teaching the boys basic skills. Tonight it was how to make the perfect mashed potatoes. The boys, as well as myself, were completely entertained as he explained the correct ratio of milk to potatoes and laughed as he demonstrated to best way to make them light and fluffy.
He has become Mr. fix-it around the house and has fixed the dents and holes in the walls the boys so generously donated, learned how to change our oil in the car, bought some nifty device that he can plug into out car and it tells you what is wrong with it (This devise has saved us HUNDREDS of dollars.) He bought a pretty new gun (Of course when I am talking to him it is very masculine:) And all summer has been taking us on wonderful family adventures. I make it worth his while though and keep our house nice and stocked with Brownie mixes. Unfortunately he has to make them :)
Me:
Um Over 30 weeks pregnant
that means I am basically useless these days. I have a routine I keep to pretty strictly-it's a lot like this baby's will be. I wake up in the middle of the night, got to the bathroom and go back to sleep. Wake up in the morning, revisit the bathroom, eat, cry and feel sorry for myself about how chubby I feel (While pouring generous amounts of syrup on my pancakes) and go lay back in bed. It works-kinda. At the beginning of the pregnancy I had all these high faluting goals about maintaining a healthy body during this pregnancy, but that went out the window when I didn't gain weight. So I was kicked off that diet during the duration of this pregnancy. Plus at 16 weeks I found out some news about the pregnancy that made it where on top of my diet problems I was restricted to NO exercise of any form. Delightful!
Besides it bugs me a bit that we ladies judge each other so harshly during our most insecure periods of our lives. So I'll gain 50 pounds just to spite them :) Yeah I am kidding.
Another pet peeve: I am SOOOOO tired of everyone being disappointed when they find out I am having another boy. I end up having to reassure THEM it's alright, when they should be reassuring me that it's awesome. Which it is. We even have an amazing name picked out for Huish boy:
Clark Simeon Huish
C.S. Huish.
Yes I am serious.
the boys are thrilled about this boy having Superman's name (However it is Reuben J. Clark who is our inspiration)
and Simeon is after Michaels brother who passed away.
Michael Dunn:
MD is learning learning learning. Lately his thing is to come up to me, inform me of something important (Like squirrels eat peanuts) and then say "I'm so smart huh?" and of course the answer to that is "Why yes you are!"
I spend half of my time during our little conversations covering my mouth to keep from laughing out loud at his comments (If you ever want a laugh ask him where chicken nuggets come from) and the other half trying to to understand what he is talking about.
Him and his brothers still spend about 80% of their time being a superhero. Michaels favorite costume these days is the batman suit his Grandpa Huish bought for him. He is also partial to his Moroni costume because (as he informs us) "Captain Moroni is REAL!" but batman being fake doesn't stop him pretending he's not.
MD excelled this year at swimming. When he would actually pay attention to his teachers he mastered the techniques they taught him remarkably fast-in just a few tries he would have it down while the other kids were still trying to understand what the teacher was saying. Unfortunately his teachers had to drag his head out of the water every 5 seconds because MD's favorite thing to do was go underwater and blow bubbles when the teachers were working with other kids. This just exemplifies how MD learns. When he is interested he sits and goes over it until he can do it. With music he will listen to a song a hundred times just to learn the lyrics. However if he is NOT interested it is completely pointless to try to get him to focus. You tell him to look at you and he points his head in your direction but he rolls his eyes to the back of his head and starts blinking like crazy. Not sure why he does that, except I think that his his way to show you how hard he is trying to look at you. We appreciate how much effort he puts into it :)
Hyrum
Hyrum wants to be someones favorite. I remember feeling like that-like I was lost in the crowd and no one saw me. I think it comes with being a middle child. The sad thing is we DO see him, and we appreciate how GOOD he is. He is so good and obedient and loving that I am grateful that there is so much less drama surrounding him then the other boys, but what he sees is the other boys getting the attention because they are the ones demanding it. I want to pull him aside and explain how much of a joy he is and how much we appreciate his desire to be good. Many times I do just sit and hold him and tell him how much we love and appreciate him and he just relaxes into me and has me tell it to him again and again.
He also loves to hear about when he was a baby. For some reason he thinks it is hilarious to hear about the time he had poop all the way up in his armpits, or about how he was so chubby that his Grandma Odie Ross would call him Humpty Dumpty (That one got a HUGE laugh.) I decided for Christmas this year that I am going to print out this Blog into a book so I can read all the fun things he did as a baby.
Hyrum is just as into superheros as his big brother. His favorite however is (In his words) "Spiderman and Batman and Superman and Spiderman."
He has a hard time choosing, but he is usually one or the other most days.
Hyrum is still our one child who comes and joins us in bed every night. I usually wake up to him cuddled into my back. I think it is so sweet-especially because he usually comes and sleeps next to daddy. Many nights I have woken up as he enters our room and watch as Michael reaches down and pulls Hyrum up into our bed and watch as Hyrum snuggles into his daddies armpit.
Seth
Seth is one of those kids who you always knows is around. He demands attention from everyone, and then flirts with everything that moves. I have never seen a child receive so mach attention from people who weren't their relatives as I have for Seth. Every Sunday I have someone come up and tell me how cute he is and how much they want to snuggle him. I think he is cute too, but man living with this kid has made him a whole lot less cute in my book. He is so LOUD! He deliberately tries to get his brothers in trouble by emitting a high pitched squeal the minute they get close to him. The result is that my boys are getting sneaky and run up and squeeze Seth before he gets a chance to squeal and then run away just as he starts. I can't help but think he deserves it :)
He also thinks he is a big boy (Unless he is getting in trouble-then he's the baby)
He gets so mad if you try to baby something up for him, like give him a smaller portion of food, or try to hold him when his brothers are playing-Usually he then screams at you "Dow! Dow!"
Yeah he is talking. If he is hungry he wants "Cee-ral" or a "Bapple" (Cerial or an apple) If he wants me he calls for "Bobby" (Mommy) and in his prayers he will bless "Claww" (Clark.)
However the boys all time favorite is:
"i reh-ee geh ow!" (Translation: I'm ready to get out)
This he screams when he is the the bath tub, his car seat, his high chair, or in someones arms who didn't get that he wanted "Dow"
Sure we love this kid.
He added a whole new dynamic to our household and is part of the reason I have 1 gray eyebrow hair.
Clark
I daydream he is fat and has red hair. Besides that he is apparently squished because he is constantly tickling my pelvic bone while kicking my ribs.
Whoo!
Family update!
It's been awhile since I have gone over the ups and down of the latest Huish family drama (Though more often I feel like my life is more a comedy)
Michael:
Man oh man this guy literally is my personal superhero. Lucky for me he has the summer off from school, unfortunately for him I am humongously pregnant and can barely roll myself out of bed. He keeps me giggling though as I listen to him take over my role teaching the boys basic skills. Tonight it was how to make the perfect mashed potatoes. The boys, as well as myself, were completely entertained as he explained the correct ratio of milk to potatoes and laughed as he demonstrated to best way to make them light and fluffy.
He has become Mr. fix-it around the house and has fixed the dents and holes in the walls the boys so generously donated, learned how to change our oil in the car, bought some nifty device that he can plug into out car and it tells you what is wrong with it (This devise has saved us HUNDREDS of dollars.) He bought a pretty new gun (Of course when I am talking to him it is very masculine:) And all summer has been taking us on wonderful family adventures. I make it worth his while though and keep our house nice and stocked with Brownie mixes. Unfortunately he has to make them :)
Me:
Um Over 30 weeks pregnant
that means I am basically useless these days. I have a routine I keep to pretty strictly-it's a lot like this baby's will be. I wake up in the middle of the night, got to the bathroom and go back to sleep. Wake up in the morning, revisit the bathroom, eat, cry and feel sorry for myself about how chubby I feel (While pouring generous amounts of syrup on my pancakes) and go lay back in bed. It works-kinda. At the beginning of the pregnancy I had all these high faluting goals about maintaining a healthy body during this pregnancy, but that went out the window when I didn't gain weight. So I was kicked off that diet during the duration of this pregnancy. Plus at 16 weeks I found out some news about the pregnancy that made it where on top of my diet problems I was restricted to NO exercise of any form. Delightful!
Besides it bugs me a bit that we ladies judge each other so harshly during our most insecure periods of our lives. So I'll gain 50 pounds just to spite them :) Yeah I am kidding.
Another pet peeve: I am SOOOOO tired of everyone being disappointed when they find out I am having another boy. I end up having to reassure THEM it's alright, when they should be reassuring me that it's awesome. Which it is. We even have an amazing name picked out for Huish boy:
Clark Simeon Huish
C.S. Huish.
Yes I am serious.
the boys are thrilled about this boy having Superman's name (However it is Reuben J. Clark who is our inspiration)
and Simeon is after Michaels brother who passed away.
Michael Dunn:
MD is learning learning learning. Lately his thing is to come up to me, inform me of something important (Like squirrels eat peanuts) and then say "I'm so smart huh?" and of course the answer to that is "Why yes you are!"
I spend half of my time during our little conversations covering my mouth to keep from laughing out loud at his comments (If you ever want a laugh ask him where chicken nuggets come from) and the other half trying to to understand what he is talking about.
Him and his brothers still spend about 80% of their time being a superhero. Michaels favorite costume these days is the batman suit his Grandpa Huish bought for him. He is also partial to his Moroni costume because (as he informs us) "Captain Moroni is REAL!" but batman being fake doesn't stop him pretending he's not.
MD excelled this year at swimming. When he would actually pay attention to his teachers he mastered the techniques they taught him remarkably fast-in just a few tries he would have it down while the other kids were still trying to understand what the teacher was saying. Unfortunately his teachers had to drag his head out of the water every 5 seconds because MD's favorite thing to do was go underwater and blow bubbles when the teachers were working with other kids. This just exemplifies how MD learns. When he is interested he sits and goes over it until he can do it. With music he will listen to a song a hundred times just to learn the lyrics. However if he is NOT interested it is completely pointless to try to get him to focus. You tell him to look at you and he points his head in your direction but he rolls his eyes to the back of his head and starts blinking like crazy. Not sure why he does that, except I think that his his way to show you how hard he is trying to look at you. We appreciate how much effort he puts into it :)
Hyrum
Hyrum wants to be someones favorite. I remember feeling like that-like I was lost in the crowd and no one saw me. I think it comes with being a middle child. The sad thing is we DO see him, and we appreciate how GOOD he is. He is so good and obedient and loving that I am grateful that there is so much less drama surrounding him then the other boys, but what he sees is the other boys getting the attention because they are the ones demanding it. I want to pull him aside and explain how much of a joy he is and how much we appreciate his desire to be good. Many times I do just sit and hold him and tell him how much we love and appreciate him and he just relaxes into me and has me tell it to him again and again.
He also loves to hear about when he was a baby. For some reason he thinks it is hilarious to hear about the time he had poop all the way up in his armpits, or about how he was so chubby that his Grandma Odie Ross would call him Humpty Dumpty (That one got a HUGE laugh.) I decided for Christmas this year that I am going to print out this Blog into a book so I can read all the fun things he did as a baby.
Hyrum is just as into superheros as his big brother. His favorite however is (In his words) "Spiderman and Batman and Superman and Spiderman."
He has a hard time choosing, but he is usually one or the other most days.
Hyrum is still our one child who comes and joins us in bed every night. I usually wake up to him cuddled into my back. I think it is so sweet-especially because he usually comes and sleeps next to daddy. Many nights I have woken up as he enters our room and watch as Michael reaches down and pulls Hyrum up into our bed and watch as Hyrum snuggles into his daddies armpit.
Seth
Seth is one of those kids who you always knows is around. He demands attention from everyone, and then flirts with everything that moves. I have never seen a child receive so mach attention from people who weren't their relatives as I have for Seth. Every Sunday I have someone come up and tell me how cute he is and how much they want to snuggle him. I think he is cute too, but man living with this kid has made him a whole lot less cute in my book. He is so LOUD! He deliberately tries to get his brothers in trouble by emitting a high pitched squeal the minute they get close to him. The result is that my boys are getting sneaky and run up and squeeze Seth before he gets a chance to squeal and then run away just as he starts. I can't help but think he deserves it :)
He also thinks he is a big boy (Unless he is getting in trouble-then he's the baby)
He gets so mad if you try to baby something up for him, like give him a smaller portion of food, or try to hold him when his brothers are playing-Usually he then screams at you "Dow! Dow!"
Yeah he is talking. If he is hungry he wants "Cee-ral" or a "Bapple" (Cerial or an apple) If he wants me he calls for "Bobby" (Mommy) and in his prayers he will bless "Claww" (Clark.)
However the boys all time favorite is:
"i reh-ee geh ow!" (Translation: I'm ready to get out)
This he screams when he is the the bath tub, his car seat, his high chair, or in someones arms who didn't get that he wanted "Dow"
Sure we love this kid.
He added a whole new dynamic to our household and is part of the reason I have 1 gray eyebrow hair.
Clark
I daydream he is fat and has red hair. Besides that he is apparently squished because he is constantly tickling my pelvic bone while kicking my ribs.
Whoo!









5 comments:
No worries on the way you look...stunning is the word I would use! The pregnancy I was on bedrest was so hard. I never got my energy back when they took me off. It is horrible to not be able to work out! GRRRR! I am with ya sista! Just keep a goin'! You can do it!
You look gorgeous Laurie...especially surrounded by your boys! My sister felt the same about everyone feeling sad for her that she was having her 3rd girl. She would get really frustrated with the comments. The Lord knows what he is doing. Love you and loved reading this. You've inspired me to do a similar post about my family.
You have and always will be so beautiful!! I LOVE all the fun updates and I LOVE baby's name!! And why should anyone be sad you are having another boy!?!? You make some good lookin boys!!!
love the hair parted in the middle!
you look amazing and yes I know you'll lose those lbs in no time but if you don't lose them in no time that's great too! you rock!!!
You look irritatingly amazing! I had told myself that the reason I was so big this last time was because it was my fourth...guess I was wrong :( cuz you are perfect.
Love the name too. The C.S. Huish makes me laugh. Love it!
Post a Comment