Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, December 10, 2008

On Tuesday Michael and I went on our first date in a very long time! It has been years since we have gone ANYWHERE without the kids so it was so nice! My parents kept the boys because we were doing a long date. Thanks Mom and Dad!

We started the evening by dropping the boys off and having MD cry and cry. I think he knew we were going off and leaving him (Lets face it- I was so excited for the date I got dressed two hours early and we wern't getting MD ready for anything so he knew we were ditching him :) He followed me around screaming until we finally left- Then he watched us through the window crying pathetically. Our first stop was dinner at Carrabbas. It was SO GOOD!!! Michael wasn't to thrilled about going there. He is a big believer in sticking with what he knows works- So his choice of restaurants would have been Fuddruckers, but he was sweet and let me choose. He was glad he did because he really liked it as well. Then we walked around the mall for about an hour while we waited for the movie we wanted to watch to start. I felt like we were dating again. It was so much fun walking hand in hand looking at things and joking around.
We got to the Movie Theatre early and we were excited because it looked like we had the theatre to ourself. (It was for the movie twilight so I expected a much bigger turnout) We went in with really low expectations- I wanted to see it because of the books and because My family has been discussing it since it came out, but not with very good reviews and I wanted to see for myself (Michael really is a good sport-first carrabbas and then a chick flick) Honestly the movie in my opinion was AWFUL!!!!!!! I went in knowing it wouldn't be like the book, so that part didn't bother me, it was everything else! The uncomfortable relationship between Bella and Edward that made me cringe and just wanted them to get it over with and start dating. The weird side looks Edward would give Bella. The depressing music that reminded me of the movie Labyrinth starring David Bowie. Honestly though even though the movie was awful, it was so much fun to watch it with Michael. We giggled and joked about the movie as we talked. Made up alternate endings and just enjoyed the evening.
When we got home we both were missing the kids. I dont think that we are as ready as we thought to leave our kids for long periods of time. We both missed them tons and were so excited to have them home the next morning!

Quick update on the boys

MD is so good- He is so much happier with his daddy home. He follows him around like crazy and is always giggling. He said his first sentence (That we have understood) "look what I got" (Not near as clear-probably more along the lines of "ook wa I gau" and then followed it my "stop daddy!" ("stau daee!") He is such a smartie! Every once in awhile he will sign the word please when he wants something. He has moved on to singing "ee I ee I oh!" from old MacDonald and loves barking like a dog. He knows where his eyes, ears, nose, mouth and belly button are (He loves lifting up his shirt to show you his belly button) His favorite toy these days is his cousin Jane's cell phone which he loves to open up and jabber away. It is really cute to see him with a pink cell phone that says "Hello! This in Cinderella!"He goes balistic when we try to take it away. Sweet Aunt Meg and Gavin bought him his own phone as a Christmas present.

Hyrum is scooting! It was amazing to see our little slug decide to get up and move! Now he wiggles his way all over the floor. He loves eating food and is getting to where he can pick things up and put it into his mouth. He is still our happy little boy ! He smiles and laughs and loves peoples attention. He prefers being held and loves whoever is holding him. He is teething (Has been for months) and loves to latch himself onto facial features and knaw away. I love his beautiful red hair and big blue eyes-in all honesty It was such a shock at first that I didnt know what I thought, such a different look then what I expected him to have, but I am loving it more and moreevery day! he is such a joy in our family and I love what he has added to our home!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

yay for a date! and your boys are precious!

Melissa said...

I bet y'all had SO much fun. I love Carraba's. Yummy! So glad you get to have your hubby back for the holidays.

Joel and Crystal said...

Love the post! Can't wait to see you all! I can't believe how much Hyrum has grown! They are both adorable!!!!

Millers! said...

Yeah I totally agree with you about the movie... I was almost peeing my pants laughing at the end, when bella got bit and she was supposed to be dying...the lady behind me was in hysterics crying... I seriously was laughing so hard. LAME O movie..it was fun to go on a ladys night..and would see the movie again, just to hang out or even go on a date with my hubby. So glad Michael is back especially before the holidays!