Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Sick-lets

These last few weeks have been full of snotty noses, vomit, fevers, coughs and cranky kids.

MD caught it first. He showed up in our room about 2 weeks ago saying he felt awful. Michael went and picked him up then told me to come check his fever. When I felt him he was burning up and before I even tried to take his temperature we gave him ibuprofen, started trying to cool him down with a cool rag and made him start drinking water to keep him hydrated. When I finally got around to taking his temp it was about 104.0 degrees. He slept in our bed that night and we kept him on ibuprofen for the next few days. After a couple of days it seemed like he was just getting worse-On top of the high fever he was coughing so much he was throwing up, he said his stomach hurt and he was acting pretty lethargic so we decided to take him to his doctor. Diagnoses: 2 ear infections, a cold and some major bloating that landed MD on a liquid diet for 3 days. That night Hyrums fever spiked and he started throwing up too. The doctor said that the cold was very contagious and to stay away from everyone for a week. A week for Hyrum ends tomorrow :) Just when Hyrums cold stated getting better Seth started running a low grade fever, got very congested, developed a cough and completely lost his voice. It has been kind of cute to listen to Seth complain-he sounds like a baby kitten mewing except more breathy.

Seths week ends Saturday-Thank goodness because I am so ready to get out of this house!

First Day of Hyrum feeling sick

When MD started to feel better I decided to let him try his hand at some online games from pbskids.org. He loved playing on the computer.
Hyrum waiting for his turn
And sick little Seth
I can't resist this baby in his diaper-He is such a fluffy little cutie!

4 comments:

Lydia said...

So sorry!! O hope it all calms down over there soon for y'all!! They're still cute though....even sick

Joel and Crystal said...

Check out the thighs on that lil babe! They need to be squished! Hope everyone feels better soon and hope you keep your sanity! Sick kids is tough.

Rollins Family said...

Can I just say Amen to the need to get out of the house because of sick kids. I really hope they all feel better and stay healthy. We have all been sick too. It has been a rough winter as far as sickness goes. Seth is so cute! All of your boys are. Once everyone is healthy we would love to see you guys. If it stays warm we will have to hit the park too!

Anne-Marie said...

I LOVE the diaper picture!