Superheroes in Training

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Roughing it!

A few times a year we, with some friends head up to the mountains to enjoy some yummy tinfoil dinners and the feeling of "roughing it" for a few hours.  The boys go crazy up in the mountains (it must be the thinner air :) and this time it was fun to see Seth decide he was old enough to go exploring on his own. He walked about 20 feet away and then would plop himself in the dirt and eat whatever he had scavenged from the table or from peoples plates. Hyrum ignored food completely and ran up and down our part of the mountain screaming "Mommy-watch me! WATCH ME!!!" then he would run at breakneck speed down the mountain, hurdle some large rocks (At this point screaming "Keep watching!") then slide onto the cement where he proudly stopped and waited for my obligatory "Your AMAZING!" comment. (Really he is-I just watched him do this about 15 times.)  MD was fascinated with Preston (One of our Friends) because he was the one keeping the fire going. MD kept trying to throw wood onto the fire and then when no-one was looking take a branch out so he could watch it burn. He almost got away with it once, which meant he kept trying to do it until we packed up and left. Michael (The dad) was amazing. He cooked their hot dogs, roasted their marshmallows, made their smores, changed Seths poopy diaper and kept up a running commentary with our friends that made our outing so much more enjoyable. I on the other hand, relished sitting on my bum and eating my tinfoil dinner (That I actually cooked before hand, then stuck in tinfoil to warm up in the fire.)  I concentrated on keeping my fetus well fed and I enjoyed a lovely chat with Annie-An awesome friend with hilarious stories (She also has an absolutely adorable 2 year old daughter that I can't help but covet. Yes I am craving a girl.....I even had a dream that I had a beautiful brunette daughter.....)
 This is one of my favorite family activities we do as a family!

We brought my cheese balls and the kids went to town. Seth seemed to enjoy it more after the cheese ball was dropped in the dirt and rubbed around before plopping it in his mouth. The next lovely picture is post rubbing in the dirt. Delicious!

If you look closely you can see Seths battle wound. He fell flat on his head onto the cement. Yes I am an awesome mother.

 Fighting the Smoke. He lost.
 This is the way Annie liked her marshmallows.  It was fun to watch her eat it afterwards :)

 Me looking very pregnant...I am about 15 weeks and for some reason I wake up in the morning looking fairly normal sized, then after I eat a meal I blow up.
  Hyrum flying down the mountain-He's going so fast he blurred :)
 I got cold. And Michael was making fun of me...
  
Seth found a Cheetos he dropped in the dirt earlier and decided he was still hungry.
 

1 comment:

Joel and Crystal said...

Ahhhh I LOVE and miss the mountains! One of my favorite family activities too. You look great laurie!