Sunday was my first day back at church since the beginning of July! I felt a bit insane towards the end. Boys hung all over me. Hyrum kept asking to play with my hair while his fingers were knotted in it, and Seth kept calling me daddy. Clark however slept in his carseat until relief society. As soon as I pulled him out a woman grabbed him and held him until he pooped on her.
What really got me laughing was the lesson taught by a dear friend. She gave an outstanding lesson (One of my favorite teachers) and at one point we got on the subject about how busy the Temples have been since Conference. The spirit was stong as testimonies were shared but all I could do was think about my last trip to the temple and giggle irreverently.
The Friday before I had realized that being home alone with 4 boys stopped feeling so good and started feeling like I was in a mental institution. Michael noticed that I was about to rip my hair out so he asked if I would like to take him to his class.
That might not sound appealing to most people, but to me it was heaven. I could buckle my kids up, spend 30 minutes talking to Michael on the way there, hand around for an hour then have Michael back to help me stay sane.
So thats what we did. However when we got to school, there were no available parking spots so instead of driving around for 20 minutes looking for one I took my boys to the temple.
I parked and told the boys they could unbuckle themselves and play in the backseat. I had let them gather some toys so they happily went to town playing. I sat in the front seat going over some stuff in my head when I became aware of the following conversation
Hyrum"Look there's a missionary"
sound of toy gun being cocked
Hyrum "Don't shoot that missionary!"
MD"BAM!!! Too late!"
Hyrum"He got away. There' a mommy-shoot her!"
sound of knocking on the glass
MD"We got her!"
Me: "Boys why are you knocking on the glass first?"
Boys "So they can see us before we shoot them"
Nothing like looking crazy in the eye before they pull the trigger.
what made it worse was the boys dressed up in costume before we left:
The rest of the time they spend "shooting" at cars that drove past us.
If it makes it any better, the boys were pretending everyone who walked or drove past were bad guys.

2 comments:
Boys will be boys! And yours are so cute!!! How many weeks postpartum are you? Hope you are feeling good. Have fun with your boys!
Love you!
I have done the same thing with the "buckle kids up" for sanity thing! I go to class with Jake sometimes just to get extra time with him and go to the gym by his school. Whatever it takes right?
Post a Comment