Superheroes in Training

Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmas!!

I will be so excited to be home so I can post some pictures! It was such a fun morning. I don't ever remember having a "Traditional" Christmas and it was a lot of fun to relax and open gifts and just sit and appreciate family. there was a wonderful spirit there and it was SO much fun watching Michael Dunn who, needless to say, did NOT know what was going on. He was so confused by all the pretty wrapping paper that he didn't even try to open a present. He did however focus on the orange that he got in his stocking that he would not put down! He was in an unusually good mood this morning smiling and laughing at everybody that I felt like this was a good day for him and that he really enjoyed himself.

I really have enjoyed this Christmas more then most I can remember. It was wonderful to be together as a family, and was especially fun to have sweet Michael Dunn there to focus on. I think it is easier to get into the "spirit of Christmas" when it is for your own children.

For us Christmas started on Christmas Eve where Dad Huish read in third Nephi and we watched Luke two to a song "Breath of Heaven" It was Beautiful. Mom Huish read a quote about taking time on Christmas to remember the Savior and his birth. It was a wonderful introduction into a wonderful Christmas.

No comments: