Superheroes in Training

Thursday, April 30, 2009

Buuhs and Fows

or Bugs and Flowers.

I have recently started letting MD play in the yard in front of our house without me outside with him (Big step for me) I open all the windows and check on him every couple of minutes to make sure he stays in the front of our house and doesn't wander off. For the most part he is pretty good about it and it has made my days run more smoothly and he is so much happier with this small amount of freedom he has gained. He loves the choice to come inside or to stay outside. He eats his snack outside and has discovered all the wonderful joys of nature. He has started picking me flowers. He brings them to me with a big smile of his face and says "Fows!!" I take them and tell him "Their Gorgeous!" and put them in a cup on our table. When he realized I was keeping the "Fows" he got really excited and started bringing me everything he could pick. Beautiful beautiful flowers :) On sunday we noticed he was swatting something on the carpet. It looked like fuzz to me so I ignored him. about 15 minutes later my sisters fiance pointed out that he had been following a bee around swatting at it until he finally killed it :) Sounds good to me-I'll send him after the next nasty bug that crosses my path :) Since then everytime he sees anything crawling he shouts excitedly "uh Buuh! uh buuh!!!" and then promptly tries to squish it. Several times he has brought me to see the bug before he stomps on it. I may have been over zealous when it came to me purging my house of these unwanted quests since MD thinks that is the only thing we do with bugs-except Ants. Ants get alot more respect from him. He stands by their piles and yells "an!" but he wont touch them-Texas ants are vicious.

And as I was going through my photos I ran across this one we took on monday. This kid loves his daddy and wants to follow him anywhere-even to take out the trash in a rainstorm :)

1 comment:

Celia said...

Love the post and LOVE his birthday 'bug boots'!! What a boy!