Michael: School School School! Wow he has been knee deep in homework and tests which has left him with not as much time for relaxing lately. He has managed to maintain a 4.0 and is really one of the top students in ALL of his classes. And even though he is so busy with school he always helps me and on the weekends he completely takes over so I can get a break. Recently he came with me to chaperone a Youth Stake Dance and I Loved dancing with him! This guy is an awesome swing Dancer!

Me: The Last couple of weeks I have been trying to live a healthier life style-LOTS more fruits and veggies, not alot of meat and dairy and little to no sugar and Junk food! Also I have upped my exercising to help me get into better shape. I am not out to lose alot of weight- More like be healthier and I have already noticed a HUGE change. I have so much more energy- My moods have evened out even more and I have more patience as a mom and wife. I am happier and more energetic and in consequence I have lost a couple of pounds. I have essentially adopted the Eat to Live lifestyle with some minor changes. I have realized that I like the FEELING of health much more then I enjoy the taste of my comfort foods, though I have some pretty severe cravings I havent worked through.

MD: Still working on being potty trained. He has realized that if he tells us he has pooped ("I poo!!") we will get him out of bed and check-most of the time he is clean but when he DOES actually poop he tries to take off his own diaper because he doesn't like the feeling. He also likes to SIT on the toilet but still hasn't used it regularly to actually GO to the bathroom. Also MD's vocabulary seems to be increasing so much quicker then I expected lately- He actually communicates with me and sometimes even says sentences. So far my favorite has been "Hi-yah's sa CAAZEEEE!" (Hyrum is crazy) He LOVES to sing and recently has started counting. He can count to ten with only missing a couple of numbers here and there, mostly the hard ones he can't pronounce like seven. He makes us laugh all the time and is a good big brother when he wants to be-pretty much depends on his mood. When he is happy he gives lots of hugs and kisses but when he is mad at Michael or I he pushes, hits and yells. Good motivation to stay in a good mood myself since usually his moods mirror my own.

Hyrum: This little red head is walking! It makes me a little sad-like he is declaring his independence from me. He really has become his own little person much quicker then MD did- probably because he wants to be like MD in every way. He plays with whatever MD has and his attitude mirrors MD's so again more motivation for ME to be in a good mood. He loves snugly things and is always trying to crawl into MD's bed and hug on his stuffed animals. Michael and I have decided that for Hyrums first birthday he gets a big stuffed animal. I am missing having a baby baby, but am LOVING having Hyrum at this stage. He is such a sweet little guy and LOVES life. He is much more adventurous then MD and is always trying new things. He will try to eat anything and I am constantly taking things from him that his older brother has snuck him-like carrots that Hyrum can't chew.
And a thought
I have been thinking alot about how grateful I am for the way I was raised-especially in todays world. I am grateful that I learned to appreciate what have and be content with it. I am SO grateful for good parents who helped me understand the importance of the gospel and taught me what a forever family can be and what TRUE happiness is. I love the life I am living.
4 comments:
being content is the key! and here in UT we hear that at almost every stake conference it seems.
loved your update!
Great updates! We have adopted the Eat to Live lifestyle too. We've been doing it for about 2 months now and it is truly amazing the difference feel in eating healthy. This diet is certainly the way to live and feel good about yourself!
It sounds like you guys are doing great!! I wish we could see you more often!
I love the idea of the Eat to Live...Maybe I will try it!
Miss you guys!
Love the update! Such a joy to see your sweet family thriving so well. Love you all so much!
Post a Comment