For the past week Michael and I have been checking out homes in the Provo/Orem area for a place to live and I have run into some problems
1) I am a sucker! Anyone mentions how bad they need someone to take over their lease and and I feel guilty for saying no. My husband has looked at most of the places but I have called to set up the appointments and apparently most of the places he has looked at were in poor condition.
2) After Michael had narrowed the homes down I went out yesterday to check them out. The first was ok-It was a town home that was pretty run down but there was a yard and a play place for the kids.
The second was an apartment that was nice and large-In good condition but on the second floor of 3. Me being a very particular sleeper worried about the noise but we were assured that it wasn't that noisy there-which led me to worry about all the noise my KIDS would make as they bang on our piano and all the other noises 2 1/2 and 1 years olds make. It didn't have that great of a place for the kids to play but there was a little stretch of yard behind the apartments that was big enough for the kids to run around. Also the neighborhood worried me a bit-not that bad but enough for me to be a little leery.
the third was another gorgeous apartment but it was smaller then the first apartment and it would be a tight squeeze for us now and we want a place that can fit another kid comfortably since we would be there for a couple of years. There was a small area for the kids to play for that apartment and a little shared unfenced yard in the back that I liked but we had no back door so we would have to walk around the entire complex to get to it.
As we were debating between the houses the property manager came and told us of a town home in that complex that was available but that wasn't newly renovated but we could look at the one that WAS renovated to see how much space it had. He was willing to knock 30 dollars off the rent if we didn't have him renovate it. When we checked out the newly renovated one I fell in love-It was absolutely GORGEOUS! Plenty of space for everyone-every thing was new and it was pretty inexpensive. It also has a little area for the kids to play as well as a shared backyard-but it is fenced in. However the renovated town home was 25 dollars above what we had set for our renting limit and it has a split level entry-which isn't THAT big of a concern for me but we have liked having everything on one floor.
Now I am having a hard time. I don't want the unrenovated town home I want the one I had seen. Michael has assured me that we CAN afford the more pricey one though it would mean we would have it a little tight until school started. But that is what our savings are for. He starts school in about 5 months and then we get school half paid for by the army and they give us a basic housing allowance so that clears up the problem then. Ultimately it is my choice. The apartment is really nice as well-30 dollars less a month and it is all on one floor, but I really want the newly renovated town home..............I would love to know everyones opinions because me being who I am have an AWFUL time deciding things that would affect Michael.
3 comments:
Go with the one you like. You have to be there all day everyday. The extra space and the fenced in back yard will be so crucial...Remember you can't go over to mom's when you start getting a little crazy. AND it has a place to play close by? You know my vote! I love you Lou! Plus you need a little more room for us to invade when we visit on a regular basis. If Michael says the $25 more is okay...then it is okay. He is a very responsible guy, who is going to take care of his family.
I agree with Meg. Go with the one you like. It sounds wonderful! How exciting! although I know it is hard to make big decisions!
I agree! If you're gonna be there for a while, you should be comfortable and like the place. Good luck :)
Post a Comment