Well the packing has been done, our stuff is in a storage unit, I survived flying with 2 children and we are relaxing at Michaels Parents ouse.
Here are some of the highlights
My sister-in-law Crystal gave me some great flying advice-be assertive, speak up and bring suckers 'cuz One lasts about 30 minutes, so I set off feeling pretty conifident. After I checked our luggage in I handed both boys a sucker and thought "well that should take care of them for a while". About two minutes later I looked down to see that Hyrum was finished with his and was chewing on the paper stick and MD had gotten bored with his and stuck it on his forehead for safe keeping. Both were whining and MD was trying to climb out of his seat.
After we set down I noticed another family with two children-two girls, and realized I was in good company. The parents let their little girl go up to the window to look at the planes-she instead was licking the glass with huge movements and continued to do it until her mother pulled her away. Coincidentally halfway through the trip I realized I knew the family :)
Flying was so much easier then I expected with the kids. MD fell asleep before we even boarded, and even curled up on the floor right in front of the door to the plane while I folded up our stroller (The pilot then moved him out of the way of oncoming traffic which woke MD up and scared the living daylights out of him)
The plane was FULL of children, so any noise my kids made were just a drop in the bucket. One poor mom had a screaming baby for most of the trip so the occasional whine of MD and Hyrum was completely drowned out.
Since being here Hyrum has started saying "daah" which means dog, and dad, and anything else he is pointing at. MD has started speaking in sentences and talks to people on the phone! Both kids miss their Texas Grandparents and I think they feel like we left half of our family in Texas. MD was so confused when he asked for Maa-Maw and we took him to Grandma Huish, He was NOT happy! (Though he has warmed up to her now) In nursery today Michael said MD sat on his lap and cried. Poor kid loves nursery but I think the realization that "nursery" doesn't mean "go play with Maa-Maw" anymore was a final straw for MD. Michael said that every time he would try to leave MD would hold on to him and say "don't go!"
A few days ago MD wanted to talk to mah-maw and Poopah so we called them and he sat and talked and said he loved Poopah (several times)
However the kids have warmed up to their grandma and grandpa Huish. MD has started helping Grandma and will throw away her trash and Hyrum chases their dog around all day. They also get to play outside whenever they want and have many willing aunts and Uncles who want to play with them.
I myself have gotten homesick. I miss my mom and dad and miss my old house, but I am so busy playing card games and visiting that I never have a long time to mope :) In reality though it has been a very fun trip with just a few moments between me and the kids. I was very blessed with my in-laws and have had a wonderful time with them.
The plan for us is that Michael starts work tomorrow and will be staying with his Aunt, but will spend the days house hunting and at the end of next week we will look at them together and hopefully pick one and move in the next week :)
7 comments:
I hope your having fun in Utah!! We miss you guys!
If I had known you were leaving so soon I would have stopped to chat with you in the foyer at church!!! Glad y'all made it!
That's funny about the suckers. :) SOunds like you had a good trip. I'm glad it wasn't too stressful! We love you!
So glad for a report! I've been thinking about y'all! Miss you!
Fun times on a plane!! I am glad you guys made it here! Hope to see you here soon!! By the way, Are you guys buying a house?!?!? NICE!!! I wish we would be in Utah long enough to buy something, a year just doesn't seem worth it....but I absolutely despise renting
I am so glad I finally got to meet you... The card games were fun, and you and Michael are adorable together!!! Sorry if we twisted your words around too much.. I forget that lots of people arent used to that.. I am thinking with being so close to the Huishes we will run into eachother again!!!
Lydia sadly we are still renting-We feel the same way but we don't want to buy a home for just 2 1/2 years and then move AGAIN! We did find a nice apartment and a GORGEOUS townhome that we like and we hope to be able to move into one or the other in about a week and an half! Lisa is was sooooo fun the other night. Michael and I had a blast and actually I didn't catch most of the twisting :) I really look forward to seeing you and your cute kids again!
Thanks everyone for the well wishes!
Post a Comment