I have had these thoughts in my head for awhile and I debated about blogging about it but I decided that I wanted my opinion on this subject out there.
I want a big family- I wish I could have a huge family like my parents. I love having two children so close and age and I wish I could have had another one by now so that there wouldn't be such an age gap between Hyrum and the next one. We are not pregnant now but I wish we were and I am NOT going to apologize for wanting to have children. I think that having children is a VERY personal matter and I think that those who wait have their reasons but I should not be judged or labeled irresponsible when I decide I DON'T want to wait. So my husband was deployed when I had Hyrum, so we still have years of school ahead of us, so we are not well off-none of those are reasons for me to wait. We are not in debt, we are not dependent on the government-but if we were it still would be ok. I WANT TO HAVE CHILDREN!!!! Motherhood is the MOST important calling there is and I LOVE being a mother-and If I could be HALF the mother my own mom was then my kids will be greatly blessed. There is no other job that takes more skill, requires more patience and turns out a better child then being a mother does. I am not ignorant for this choice-I CHOSE it and I RELISH it and I feel sorry for those who look upon motherhood as a lesser calling.
5 comments:
I agree!!!! I'm not even married, and I still have to defend my position on that way too often. Some people just do not understand.
We talked about this some in an institute class a few weeks ago, and we read a quote from a general authority commanding us to NOT wait (for school, money, work). The teacher asked, "Why do you think the Lord would want us to know this? Why are we commanded to multiply and replenish the Earth?". An answer came: "Well, Heavenly Father gives us commandments so that we may have joy, so it stands to reason that having children will do no differently, even if we don't understand that right now."
The teacher also explained that he would have never survived all of his many years of schooling as well as he did had he not been able to come home to his little girls every day.
Anyways, I found that all very touching, and it has given me more to think about.
Poin is, I agree!!!
Amen sista! I get a lot of comments...mostly that I'm crazy for having my kids so close together. And yeah...it's pretty crazy around here. But I like it! And that's the whole point. Do what makes you happy. I always say and remind myself that I will only regret not doing something because I was worried what others would think.
Love you Laurie! By the way I think you are a really good momma!
Here is a reason for you to have your kids while you are young! As women age things start to happen. The worst is it can get harder to get pregnant, the chances for deformities go up, etc. I was not ready to have #2, but felt so strongly I could not NOT do it. Then, later, when we tried for #3 and #4 I had to go on drugs. I was broken at age 33 and then 35! I was so grateful we had Mary when we did (even though it was so hard)because of course I did not know that later I would not be able to get pregnant without help. Those two "had to get help babies" are two of my miracle babies (and you should see the tests they do after age 35 to make sure all is o.k.). Madelyn was born when I was 37 and is another miracle for us because she happened with no drugs. It really helped us know she was meant to be here even though five kids has been such a struggle for our little Bishop/busy firm life family. You get those kids here while you are young and who cares if people think they are too close. You are an amazing, dedicated mother and I think it is great you want to have a big family. It is hard, but the reward all comes later!
I love my kiddos and want to have tons of them. I do find it easier for me to be a young mom to three under 3 here in UT than when I was in TX this summer. I am not alone here in being young, having a husband in school etc. YAY for babies! and MOTHERHOOD!
laurie...i love you. i agree 100% with what you...you are an inspiration to me. i love you!
Post a Comment