Superheroes in Training

Sunday, December 20, 2009

Temple Square

Last night our family went to Temple Square so we could see all the lights and and other things the church puts on/up. IT WAS SO CROWDED! Maybe it was flawed planning on my part since we went the Saturday before Christmas but we overheard one person say "Man this is worse the Disneyland!" I've actually never been there but apparently Disneyland is crowded too :) It was also FREEZING but we all had bundled up well enough that the only parts of us that were cold were our faces and my toes. I am so glad we went though. The boys saw the Christus Statue and kept pointing at it and saying "It Jesus" and we listened to the nativity program they had on and the boys were in awe with all the gorgeous lights. We ended up at the Temple and let the boys run and touch it. They immediately found a place where I think the heaters were and stayed in that area (It was towards the end of the night and I think they were just starting to feel the cold) My mom came with us and it was wonderful to have her walk around holding the boys hand and take them to look at all the fountains (MD's favorite.) and I am so sad that she is leaving tomorrow! We also went with some friends who have kids around the same age as our boys and it was nice to have them take us around and show us where the best place was to park and just to visit with.

Starting out

It was so crowded that there were times when we had to have two people holding on to MD because he liked to squirm and try to break away from us
Us and some other random kid that just happened to be in our shot :)
Finding the perfect spot
Sweet Grandma

MD really loved walking buy this particular part of the fountain-He LOVES water

The Temple as we were leaving. It was so beautiful!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I love your mom. I don't know her but I love her! She is so involved with all her children and always visiting them. I love it

Anonymous said...

I absolutely love Temple Square at Christmas....except the crowd LoL I am glad you went though!! Definitely something that needs to be seen during the season!