My children are like little planets that literally rotate in orbit around me. It is about a 10 foot radius and when I move gravity forces my children to move as well which means everything I do is a community event. Cue me going to the bathroom
I run into the bathroom shut the door-turn out the light and start counting. Within 10 seconds the boys are screaming outside the door trying to open it-which they succeed in doing. They turn on the lights and start a running commentary about what is going on
"Mommy are you pooping?" (Michael ALWAYS asks me that-regardless of WHAT I am doing)
"Good Job mommy! You did it!" Said with some clapping
"Mommy gets a treat"
I struggle (And fail) trying to have some modesty- I have started to wear a swim suit when I take a bath because the boys will NOT be kept away.
Every food taste better on my plate, water is better from my glass, Even sleep is easier in my bed with they child's foot propped up on my face.
It is funny to see just how much my kids react to me.
Last night it was bed time and I layed down with each of the boys and sang to them. Hyrum scooted up real close and stuck his face an inch a way from mine. He stayed like that for a couple of minutes before jabbing his finger into my eye and screaming "EYE!!!" then laughing hysterically. MD took a different approach. He also snuggled up close and then all of the sudden BAM! He punched me in the chest. MD did inform me at close to the end of the night
"Mommy I really love you"
Of course you do sweetheart :)
Hey kids guess what?
I love you too.
3 comments:
Laurie, I laughed and laughed when I read this entry. It sounds so-o-o-o familiar. I almost lost one of my front teeth one time when I was laying in bed with Lee. He was about Hyrum's age, and he sat up in his bed, to say something to Allen. Whatever Allen said, made him laugh and he threw himself backwards onto his pillow. Unfortunatly, he missed his pillow and got my face. I couldn't eat for a couple of weeks, while the swelling in my lips went down and my two front teeth weren't quite as loose. To this day I'm not fond of liquid diets.
Love you!
Everything is a community event here too...my kids even offer to wipe my bum for me!!!! Gross little cuties! Love you!
haha loved it!
my kids ask about my pottying too...sillies
Post a Comment