Superheroes in Training

Friday, February 5, 2010

When Mommy is sick

Everyone else is too.
Apparently when I am sick my body just shuts down and all I want to do is sleep and take an occasional break and eat nothing but ramen noddles and brownies. Weird combination? Yeah it undid everything I did last month and I gained back every pound I had lost-not really something I wanted to find out when I felt stinky already. Anyway Both my kids have caught what I have which means alot of whining babies, snotty noses, nasty flemmy coughs and meals that consist of crackers, pickles and sometimes something real when I get a boost of energy. My kids have watched TV all day every day this week which makes them even MORE whiny :) Its a vicious cycle that I don't think I will be breaking until we emerge from this faze we are in. Luckily I have recovered some of my health this week and am no longer living off of the ramen noodle diet and can take care of these sick kiddos. Is it bad of me to say that even though I feel awful for them and HATE that they are sick sometimes it is nice to feel completely justified in letting my kids do nothing but watch TV?

A couple of days ago before this junk hit Hyrum he was playing with my computer when he was watching Veggie Tales and we came up with these pictures

These kids are so silly.

4 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Oh man. Hope everyone feels better soon.
The only good thing about being sick around here is that my kids want me to hold them ALOT! Which is wonderful...except when something NEEDS to get done.
Good luck and love ya!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I think feeling totally justified in TV is totally A-OK.
I am so sorry you are sick!
Sorry about the ramen and brownie diet undoing your doing.
I totally ate see's candy w/jake on our date and realized afterward I should have! oops!
Well let me know if you need anything (serious offer)

Anonymous said...

I am so sorry y'all are sick too! It is a horrible combination especially with kids. I feel like all I have let Adalie do lately is watch movies and cartoons most of the day because I am miserable and it keeps her off of me for 30 mins lol I hope you feel better soon though!!

Kimberly said...

thats all i want to do too when im sick! :)

hey - i got a new email address and was wondering if you would give me access to your blog for it

kimberly.fruge.haynes@gmail.com

thanks!