I am trying to find the beauty in these kinds of moments. The moments that don't seem like moments at all. Most of the time I focus on the destination of my day and I get frustrated if the journey to get there takes too long. So with that in mind when we went to the park today I followed them around and let them enjoy wandering around aimlessly until they found the stinky dried up river bed. It was SO smelly. Why do people throw their garbage wherever they want? Makes the park smell like a trash can. But the kids loved that there was garbage-because it attracted ants for them to watch. So glad they can find positives in everything.
He kept trying to climb a ladder that twisted. In the end he got it, but it exhausted him in the process and he did NOT want help.
Later we went to throw rocks in the shallow river that runs by our home. Today the water was much lower then usual so they climbed right on in and got nice and muddy. Usually I would refuse to let them get in because that would mean a bath, new clothes and mess wherever they step, but today I went along with it. And yes that means I got muddy too..I need to remember that getting closer then 10 ft. to these boys means I will automatically get splattered with mud.
Seth was jealous. He wanted to get his toes in the mud too.
Oh and MD scraped his elbow at the park. The boys think the only cure for scrapes is a band-aide and an ace bandage.

On the way home-ready for a bubble bath!
Interesting observations for me: The boys had MORE fun when they saw me following them around. Surprisingly they still want me around and involved. They must like an audiance. Also I noticed my stress level was almost zilch. There was a LOT less fighting and since I had already resigned myself to cleaning the mess up later I was able to enjoy the getting filthy part. So that has become my new motto for my days: Enjoying the moments, because they are what makes life sweet.
side-note: Surprisingly, the more boys I have the more girly-girl I am getting....I wonder why that is? Maybe it is to balance out all the testosterone in the house!
2 comments:
HOw fun! Love the pictures and what precious moments!
I love letting my kids get dirty, it makes me feel like a good mom and feel like they are good kids :) You are a queen in your home so you have to live up to it :)
Post a Comment