Michael and I had the opportunity to take off to Henderson NV to visit my sister and her awesome family for 4 days without kids! I have only ever left my kids for one night with my mother ONCE. I was pretty terrified to leave them for so much longer. My Mother-in-law was amazing and let me tell her all my fears and concerns. She kindly made me feel completely normal and not in the least bit psycho for being so crazy and paranoid about leaving them for so long.
The trip was wonderful but I am not going to lie-I really DISLIKE Las Vegas. Henderson is on the outskirts and it was a bit TOO close. There was one point when Michael and I were walking through a casino to get to a movie theatre and the sight of all those people gambling their lives away made me feel sick. However going there made me really appreciate the place we live in now.
We spent a couple of days hanging out with my sister. Hanging out with Shannon, Marshall and Marshall's older sister was a ton of fun though and completely made the trip worth it. We were so glad for the excuse for the road trip!
The first thing we did without the kids was go on a hike. It was SO much harder then I expected-probably because it went up over 900 feet in 1.3 miles.

We found a mountain stream that looked like it was coming out of solid rock.

The cave-The whole reason we hiked that mountain

The spectacular view from the cave

Trying to take a picture with the sun in our eyes

The next day Michael wanted to take me out shooting. Unfortunately the kick from his rifle killed my shoulder and I preferred to throw the targets the rest of the time and watch while Michael nailed them

I was not aware just how EXTREMELY hot Nevada is in August. We drove to see Hoover Dam and after about 10 minutes of walking around I was sick. Of course it was completely my fault since I wore a ridiculous wool shirt in 110 degree weather.

We jokingly wanted to ask if this is where they keep the all spark. (I am sure that is spelled wrong)

And this picture is in front of an enormous bridge that is built over the Dam that you can walk across. We might have made it that far if I wasn't such a wimp.

That night Marshall's sister took us out to see the Little Mermaid in an amazing outdoor theater. The show was awesome and many of the cast had originally acted and sang on Broadway. The reason the pic looks a little fuzzy is because there is a mist coming down to keep us cool while we waited for the show to start. I was planning on getting more pictures but they told us to put away our cameras....

I don't have pictures of the rest of the activities of eating out, going to the movies and the game night with Marshall, Shannon, Kim and Rich. (Marshall's sister and her husband) But those activities were a blast.
It was such a treat getting away with my husband and remembering what it is like to just be the two of us. There is a quote that has been going through my mind that pretty much sums up our relationship "In all of living, have much fun and laughter. Life is to be enjoyed, not just endured." — President Hinkley. I really love my life-and I enjoy it to.
As always-as lovely as it is to get away for awhile, it is just as wonderful being home again.
2 comments:
That sounds like so much fun. I am glad you guys had such a great time. You look amazing!!! I hope life is treating you well. We hope to get together with you soon!
Sounds like fun, I'm jealous. A no-kid vacation sounds amazing! I live in Vegas and completely agree. ALL of Calder's family lives here but I still feel like I can't get out of here soon enough. It's WAYYY too hot and I HATE having to walk through casinos for everything.
Post a Comment