
To this:

Ok not that you can see much, but today has been a little traumatic to our 10 month old. It's a little easier to see if you enlarge the picture. Seth has the attitude that he can do whatever he wants when he wants to. If you try to stop him he screams and kicks and doesn't stop until you distract him with something else. That bit of information is not terribly important, but does explain his little dare devil stunts. Today after lunch, I went to grab my squealing baby from his high chair just to realize he had pooped out. Not just out-somehow the poop found the cracks in the high chair and I discovered a puddle of poop on the floor. Lovely. So of course this baby was put in the tub for some mandatory bath time. I sat about two feet in front of him reading while he splashed around and giggled. He played for about 10 minutes before I looked up to see him pull himself up, slip, and crash his head down on the side of the tub. He hit so hard that I grabbed him before I realized that there was blood. Lots of blood, and it looked like it was coming from his eye. Michael was at school and I realized I had to take him to the doctors immediately. I took MD and Hyrum to our neighbors house, called the doctors and let them know we were on our way and left a brief note for Michael before jumping in the car. As I drove down the road I kept glancing at my baby whose eye was STILL bleeding (I had tried to clean it up a little, though I was scared to put any pressure on his eye) and saw how battered he looked. I felt like crying but Luckily I didn't, since I am sure that would have been just what Seth needed. Almost as soon as I arrived in the office, the nurse pulled me in a room, got the doctor and they did all the tests to rule out 1) Brain damage, 2) Broken bones, or 3) eye damage. Luckily Seth had NONE of those but after they cleaned him up completely, we realized he had slit his eye lid clean through. Like to his eyeball. Of course they said he needed stitches, so we numbed his poor little eye, and about 45 minutes later they stitched his eye lid up.
He was pretty traumatized and has clung to me for the rest of the day. Poor baby. I knew hospital visits were in my future with all these boys, but I honestly can say I thought they would be sometime after their first few years.
6 comments:
Poor baby. And poor mommy; makes my stomach knot just thinking about it.
Awwww, poor little guy! Hope he feels better soon!
Oh my goodness scary!! Poor baby boy! Hope it gets better soon though!
Oh my goodness. How scary. I hope it heals quickly! Sorry we didn't get to see you before we left. I hope you have a great week and we will see you when we get back.
eye LID! wowzers.
you are amazing under all that pressure and can I say that I LOVE that you had those neighbors!?
SO glad he is ok...hope you have recovered as well. Love you! I was just thinking about you. My brother said the Payson Temple ground breaking was recently. So cool to have it that close to you. Love you!
Post a Comment