Superheroes in Training

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

On the way to Halloween!

A couple of years ago I did an "On the way to Christmas"activity that had me doing something daily with my children during the month of December as we counted down to Christmas. Well I just had a blast and hopefully my kids did too! Since I was still recovering last year from Seths birth I didn't do the countdown, but this year I am all fired up! More so actually since I decided since I had so much fun during Christmas why not extend it to the whole Holiday season? Maybe a little overkill, but we are having fun :) I have been slow to put my pictures up which is why there is a photo overload.

I am not very creative, so when I decide to do "Crafts" they usually involve baking. Here we started out by making pumpkin bread. It was a HUGE fail, but the kids were awesome putting it together :)

So excited-just to be so disapointed. The bread fell and was pretty gross... So no picture of the finished product.
Hot dog mummy's. These were a success! The boys loved wrapping them, and enjoyed them even more as lunch.
Dirt dessert. Yeah I think this was the kids favorite dessert EVER. We made it during F.H.E and the kids were excited that they got to eat candy AND pudding AND cookies. I can't say I blame them.
Today we made Monster Masks. I think this is one of the few things I have made without food involved :) The boys had so much fun and it was touching to see how much they treasured the masks they made. Both boys went to sleep with them snuggled next to them.

And there are lots more things I just forgot to take pictures of. Here's to loving the holiday season!

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I like this a lot!
What a creative idea for the holiday season :)
your mask is very cute!
are you able to eat the things y'all make? if not that's just torture haha kidding, kinda

Rachel said...

These are wonderful, and I beg to differ. . . you are plenty creative. I love the one of the boys kneeling by the oven door.