Superheroes in Training

Saturday, October 8, 2011

Temple Ground breaking

Today was the long awaited Payson Temple ground breaking. It was rainy and nasty outside, and I almost felt sorry for those lucky guys going to stand out in the cold, but then I remembered they got to GO to the ground breaking, where as me, who lives right around the corner from the Temple lot had to drive farther away to watch the ground breaking in the Stake center. Well honestly I am joking. I am so grateful we are having a beautiful Temple built so close to our home, and it was wonderful watching the whole thing on screen snuggled next to my boys, one of which who snuggled in too, and fell asleep. The talks were wonderful and my boys were full of questions. Afterwards, we drove home, Snapped a picture, ordered pizza and visited with my wonderful in-laws, who drove down to spend some time with us.

We had to bribe the boys with suckers just to get them to look at the camera. Anyone have picture taking hints?
Even with their happy faces, they are my handsome boys.

Oh we gave the boys suckers after a shopping trip and later that evening MD came in Crying. I asked him what was wrong and he sobbed "My sucker is gone!" Feeling a little bad for him I asked "What happened to it?" He replied "I ate it." Kind of surprised I asked "Well why are you crying?" Looking at me with his big blue eyes he said "Because I don't have any more sucker to eat!"
Poor MD :)

2 comments:

Rollins Family said...

Can I just say you look beautiful in your family picture. I love your new hair color. It looks great! Ella loves pictures. Almost too much we can't seem to get her to be normal in a picture:)

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I agree that you look BEAUTIFUL!
I love Seth's chubby little foot :)
What a blessing to have a temple being built so close that you can watch grow with your children! What a special connection.