AAAHHHH! I always forget to take pictures these days. This last weekend we went to Michaels parents house to let the boys soak up some country livin for the weekend. However I am not going to talk about the weekend so much as one experiance
When we got home both boys were cranky and a bit belligerent. There is always some adjustment time when we get home and the boys realize that the vacation is over and Mommy and Daddy are still in charge. Hyrum was having a rough time and combined with his natural disobedient personality I had decided that I had had enough. When I caught him playing with the outlet AGAIN I decided that he was not NEAR as scared of that outlet as he needed to be and if he wasn't going to fear that he was going to fear me. After being punished and sent to his room Hyrum howled with rage as he he sat and cried by the door waiting for someone to take pity on him. MD looked at me after a couple of seconds and asked "Hy-ya trouble?" "Yes Hyrum is in trouble" I told him. MD listened for a minute more then left the room. I wasn't paying attention and was surprised when I heard the boys room open and saw Hyrum being led by the hand to me. MD looked at me then told Hyrum "Tell Mommy you sorry" Hyrum looked at MD then came to me and signed he was sorry. MD looked at him and told him again "Hy-ya you be sorry" Hyrum again signed he was sorry. Then MD looked at me and told me "Hy-ya's sorry"
Thank you my little middle man-Thank goodness Hyrum will at least listen to you.
Any advise on how to raise a toddler who doesn't want to listen and doesn't care about punishments?
2 comments:
That is so sweet! Sounds like you are doing a great job! (I think...don't know...it might be a 2nd kid thing...Samuel, although more difficult obeys me way better than Emily...who is my easier personality...another friend of mine has noticed the same pattern with her first and second). I really don't know though...it is just a 2 mom observation right now.
Laurie, I am in your shoes, I have my Chase who could care less about time-outs, spankings or anything else I try. its so frustrating that I have just started choosing my battles. I dont know what else to do really.
Post a Comment