Superheroes in Training

Monday, August 31, 2009

In a Boys home



Sometimes I sit and contemplate where the direction my life is going, and has been going since we had been blessed with our first boy. Sports, body odor, voice changes, stinky bedrooms (Though apparently that is universal and not strictly a boy thing :)Scouts, Missions,Camp outs etc... I get exhausted thinking how much food I will have to prepare for my boys who both already eat more then I do. Knowing my evenings will be filled with games, watching sports and other like shows, doing massive amounts of laundry and always having to mend up clothes that have been ripped through rough housing! There is so much more then I have listed! I have been asked by mothers who have only girls how I like having only boys and sometimes I have to pause and really think about it-not really about if I LIKE having boys but how I could even imagine NOT having boys. I don't know what mothers with girls do so I can't compare it but I can say that I LOVE having boys. I know boys and demolition is kind of a joint package but these sweet boys are so much FUN! I love the boys running to bring me their cars or every time they hear an engine yelling for the plane. I love the giggles from them doing something disgusting like blowing bubbles with their spit and watching mommy be grossed out.
Besides in our home I am the princess-the delicate one who the boys (Through massive amounts of training from their daddy) help and pamper. OK maybe not so delicate but I am pampered :)

Watching my two boys who are so close in age I am always reminded how wonderful it was to have two so close-(I say this because there was alot of skepticism from me having them 14 months apart) they are built in best friends, and I am grateful that the second WAS a boy-besides all the convenience of already being well equipped for another little rascal I realize that in the future these two will probably remain close. I know brothers and sisters can be great friends-some of the best examples are from my own family, but I am grateful that MD has a brother to rough house with and to play sports with and frankly it makes me feel less worried about both my children with each to watch the others back.

That being said I am not against girls, I would welcome one into my family and I think I would be willing to share the princess spotlight. It might be fun to have someone who I can fix their hair and put them in cute clothes. It certainly seems that those with girls enjoy them :) Heavens knows it would be fun to watch Michael handle another girl in the family. But I am SO happy with my family and am grateful for my fun loving, life livin, stinky feet boys who keep me on my toes.

No comments: