Some of my favorite things he has said are:
"I'm just TOO tired"
"It's just TOO hot!" (He sticks the word too in front of things to really make his point)
"Love you"
"time go night-night!"
"Sorry Hy-yah!" (He says this to Hyrum every time Hyrum gets hurt regardless if MD has something to do with it)
"Outside-time go outside!" (We asked him what he wanted to do for the Family Home Evening activity Monday and this is what he decided on :)
When we were going around the room asking MD what certain objects were he responded to the pillow as "I beat up mommy!" ??????
every time I say his name he responds with "Yes?"
Favorite things:
*Stuffed animals-he claims any stuffed toy he comes in contact with-so much so that his bed has turned into a zoo and it sometimes is hard to spot the kid among the toys
*Singing. I LOVE hearing his sweet voice. He's got some talent too-any song he hears he starts to sing along -matching his voice to the notes he hears. He knows the songs "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star", "I'm Trying to Be Like Jesus" "I am a Child of God" and his own song that I sing him every night-"I love you truly".
*His Airplane shirt. He asks for it every day and most days I have to distract him with other things so I can get a different shirt on him. The best shirts I can distract him with are his Truck shirts and his Basketball shirts.
Some of MY favorite things
*Going to kiss him at night and having him wrap his arms around me and kiss me several times and then ask me to stay.
*After I stop reading our book him telling me to "still read"
*Him enthusiastically showing me any new discovery.
*Him responding to me after I tell him I love him "love you!"
*His obedience and desire to be good.
*His treatment towards Hyrum. Every once in awhile he gets this maniac gleam in his eyes and turns into Tornado MD where his whole goal is to inflict damage to anyone or anything he comes in contact with-but for the most part he is very aware of Hyrum and allows him to play with him and is very concerned anytime Hyrum is upset. He shares his food, toys and space with Hyrum without much complaints. If fact for the most part he seems to enjoy Hyrums company.
He is very aware of me and my feelings-If I am cranky or sad at all he comes up to me with a sad look and strokes my face asking me if "you tired?"
MD you are such a fun, silly, smart, happy, handsome little boy and we are so grateful to have you in our family!
Hyrum: Has hit Toddler hood! He is so busy and has such a different personality then MD that it has been a bit of an adjustment. He is such an easy going-fun loving kid that he keeps us smiling through much of our frustrations. Unlike MD, Hyrum has no desire at all to be obedient! He doesn't care about discipline and will resume whatever we have tried to stop him from doing and does it with a laugh and a smile. He is a WONDERFUL actor. We have discovered that every time he realizes he is about to get in trouble he opens his mouth in shock and gives a short little wail. As soon as he thinks he has us fooled however, he stops crying immediately and resumes his activities with his little smile. Not sure what to do about him but he keeps us laughing!
We have realized that he understands so much more then we give him credit! Michael and I both have treated him like he was too young to understand things so he got away with so much! He can bring us things-Take things to the kitchen, return toys he has stolen from MD, and help clean up. Now we are clued in so watch out buddy!
Some of his favorite things:
*MD's animals-everytime MD is out of the room Hyrum runs and climbs on his bed and snuggles with one of his toys. We have given Hyrum his own, but they don't have near the appeal that MD'S toys do.
*Strawberries. Hyrum LOVES them and will whine and pull on me until I get him one
*Milk from a bottle. If it isn't milk-he doesn't want the bottle
*MD. For the most part Hyrum follows him around everywhere!
Some of my favorite things
*His huge open mouth kisses! MD did close mouth kisses from the very start so it cracks me up to see this toddler open up wide to give a smooch!
*He signs the word please with such enthusiasm! also the sign for please stands for more and thank you :)
*His run. Hyrum runs everywhere!
*His happiness. He is such a happy child that it improves my mood just being around him. Life holds such excitement for him and I love that he exudes such joy.
*His talking-He is slowly starting to communicate-He says More, cat, dog, mama, dada, and Amen every once in awhile and he usually scream the words :)
*His chubbiness. I love hugging him. He is still my baby in so many ways and I appreciate that I have him to cuddle with.
Hyrum is teaching me to be a parent all over again! I love his happiness and his excitement, and the sweetness his laughter brings into our home.

US:
We are adjusting well. I love the scenery and most of the people. So far my overall opinion has settled into two categories-It seems the nicest and the rudest people live here :)
To give an idea: Driving here I realized that everyone here speeds! Not just 5-10 miles over either, more like 20-30 miles over! I was in shock when I was getting people riding my tail, giving me dirty looks and cutting me off all over the place!
Also we bought a Costco membership card and the first trip there I had a man reach over yank my cart out of his way (While I am holding onto it) so he can get something that I was looking at. Maybe not a big deal but it shocked and insulted me! Not an apology or an excuse me either.
However those are so minor compared to the kindness we have received. We had several members from the Elders quorum help us move in, and One of those members stopped by with his wife to see how we are doing. Our ward is friendly and outgoing, and have made me feel very welcome. We have had offers from members to watch our children and to help if we needed anything. We have had a cousin I had never met before help us move in, invite us over to let the kids help in their garden and play with their horses, and have made us feel like we have family here. I have really enjoyed living here so far and we are so grateful for the warm welcome!
1 comment:
Ah good ole Utah...I can't believe your kids talk, I know MD was talking a little bit, maybe he didn't talk around me cause he didnt like me... hahaha
I love and miss you guys!
Post a Comment