Superheroes in Training

Saturday, August 29, 2009

Conversations with a two year old

Me: Eat your dinner
MD: No dinner!
ME eat a bite and you can have some Cantelope
MD: Bite Dinner-bite cant-lope?
ME: Yes
MD:Hy-yah bite dinner bite Cant-lope!

Me:Go put your dog in your room (toy dog)
MD with a sad look goes and sits his dog at the table and I am about to inform him that that is NOT his room when he tells his dog
MD: Sit down and don't get up!

I go to tell Michael what happened and MD followed me. Upon hearing what happened Michael told MD to put his dog in his bed and this is the conversation that followed

MD: Doggy bed?
Michael: Put your doggy to bed
MD put his dog in his bed, covered him with a blanket crawled into the bed next to him with Hyrums bottle and placed it next to the dog and started rubbing the toys head.
Me: You think MD is showing us the kind of behavior he wished we should show him?
Then MD picks up the bottle looks at it and says
"Doggy no water-Juice!"

MD: mommy is mommy monster!
ME:mommy monster??
MD: Mommy monster! I monster you mommy monster! (He LOVES cookie monster)

And as I am typing this MD walks in, points to the bed and says:
Night night! Mommy go night night!

It is crazy having a kid repeat every thing he hears

2 comments:

Celia said...

I love that you're recording these precious conversations!

Alicia and Jeff said...

haha Oh wow. Kids are so funny. :)