So what has been going on in our life? Well besides the normal chaos this month has been a bit of a doosy. I have been exhausted EVERY day and Michael and I joke that we are getting up in age (Similar to my brother Joel :) because we both have been falling asleep during movies when it isn't very late! So this month in a nutshell goes
Easter, Michaels Birthday party in Logan, Michael Birthday, Michaels 3rd birthday party in the park, My sister and her husband coming for a visit, a trip out to Las Vegas for Michaels Grandpas 90th Birthday, Finals, A trip to the Zoo, A trip to Logan, School starting again, Sister-In-Law Erin coming to stay for a night. And still to come My mother, Mother-in-law and Sister-in-law coming down to stay with us during woman's conference.
Anyway I have, for the most part, enjoyed staying super busy. The boys have had non-stop family time, and have had probably the most fun they have had since moving from Texas.
Today I had a fun moment with my husband and a bit of a reminder of why our marriage works for us. I was laying on the couch trying to sleep and Michael comes in and completely starts teasing me. Before long I am laughing hysterically which just eggs him on more. Finally it culminates with me curled up in fetal position trying to stop this gut-wrenching laughter and begging him to be quiet. Sometimes it's nice to be reminded that I married my best friend. I stick to what I said when I was 16-I wanted to marry someone I could travel cross-country with and not want to push them out of the car. Hopeless romantic I know :)
And the boys have been keeping me laughing as well. MD really repeats everything he hears and it is funny to hear him ask me a question about something I said couple of minutes earlier. And Hyrum is copying what his brother says. Some of my favorites from the boys are:
When I start calling out for the boys MD runs up and points to himself and says
"I right here mommy!"
He hates it when we sing and yells out: "no singing da song daddy!" (Or mommy if I am singing)
Hyrums favorite thing is to bring me the phone and say: "Call mamahs house!"
I forgot to do a post on our trip to the zoo so in an effort to get that on my Blog before I lose complete motivation I am combining that activity with this post
This was part of the kiddie play area so I am not sure what it is but I would guess prairie dogs?
3 comments:
Yay! Sounds like you've been busy and having lots of fun! We have been super busy too with a full house and are gearing up for Woman's Conference tomorrow too. Don't forget your umbrellas and coats! It is supposed to snow and rain all day!!! Can you believe it?!?! Ugh Gross!!
When we see it written down we realize how busy we (meaning you) actually have been! Wow way to go!
Your boys are so cute! Glad you have had so many fun things going on lately!
Post a Comment