Superheroes in Training

Monday, April 19, 2010

Two little Speckled Frogs

MD and Hyrum are good friends and have been for awhile now. I love watching them play together and more recently I love hearing them talk and laugh together.

One of the perks of having an all boy family is getting to hear some funny things. The other night we heard our first "Bathroom" conversation.

MD: I go POOP in the toilet!!!!!
(loud laughter)
Hyrum: Pee Pee!!!!(Loud Laughter)
MD: POOP!!!
Hyrum: PEEE PEEE!!!!

This conversation was said amongst howls of laughter as each screamed the body function they thought was the most hilarious.

MD is has really been talking alot lately but he has also learned something new.
A couple of mornings ago Michael woke up to MD screaming for him.
MD: Daddy!!!!! DADDY!!! I POOPY! DADDY!!!
Michael rolls out of bed and lets MD out while he starts gathering the diaper and wipes. MD. who took off immediately when Michael let him out, has run to the kitchen. Michael then asks him"Michael Dunn are you really poopy?"
MD replies: "Nope. I lied."

This last weekend we took a trip down to Las Vegas to see Michaels Grandfather who just celebrated his 90th birthday. On the way we were going through some mountains in Arizona when MD who wasn't paying attention looked up and saw the mountains looming over us. I think it surprised him because he yelled out: "Holy COW!!" Hyrum, who often mimics his brother, then looked up and yelled the same thing.

I love watching these kids interact with each other. Lately when we go and play outside their usual random running around have turned into exploration. MD always looks for a stick first and then goes and either starts digging in the dirt or dipping the stick in the mud. Hyrum usually goes and grabs handful after handful or dirt and throws it everywhere. Both kids get nice and dirty when we finally go back inside but this exploration is something I always loved when I was a kid. I feel like I had such an idealistic childhood. I was able to play outside almost all the time and I made up wonderful games to play with my siblings (For one such game visit my brother Daniels blog that is on my side bar) I want my kids to be able to develop that imagination and feel the wonderful freedom before they start school. I probably won't put my kids into anything until they actually start school just so this part of their childhood is completely theirs (Though I must admit a part of me REALLY wants to put my boys into soccer after seeing my cute nephew join up!)
This seems to be a magical time in my boys life as they learn about the world around them and as they build this world into what they think it is. As my mom has quoted on a number of occasions
"Nobody else but the rosebush knows how nice mud feels between the toes" (Mud, Polly Chase Boyden)


3 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

You are such a good mommy.
We should come play with you! I'm an advocate of dirt :)

BRZZ Odom said...

Those are such cute stories!!! I love hearing about them playing together.

Joel and Crystal said...

So fun!!! I love that quote about dirt between the toes. This is such a magical time in our kids lives.