Take for instance the fighting. Many nights I go to bed with the sweet sounds of laughter bellowing out of the boys room as they sneak into one another bed and play until daddy gets home. Other nights, Like tonight, I listen to the sounds of crying, screaming and fighting. MD is positive that we need him to be Hyrums boss so I usually hear a high pitched scream saying something like this "Get Down Hywum!!!!! Get Down!" or "Mommy Hywum is out of bed!" or on one occasion "Mommy Hywums foot is touching me!!!!!"
Or the sound of crashing. In the tape he talks about his mother judging how bad something is by the amount of blood showing. That is sometimes how I feel. I know I am fighting a losing battle when it comes to keeping my furniture or even my boys completely undamaged. About every ten minutes I hear a band or a crash coming from whichever room the boys are in and I just close my eyes and wait to hear "THE scream" If it comes I know someone is really hurt-otherwise it is just a flesh wound :)
My belongings have become a casualty of parenthood. So far the casualty count goes as follows : Broken window blinds, broken glasses, broken projector, Dented wall, broken light covering, reprogrammed computer, broken VCR, broken TV, all their books ripped to shreds, two broken phones and a broken treadmill. All of these things happened in the year 2010. I think my children's mission is to make sure that the only things I ever get attached to will end up marrying some girls and moving far away from me :)
I have no dignity. I gave it all away the moment my boys learned to talk. So far I have been told that I shouldn't sing out loud, that my food looks like poop, and that I have bugs on my face (I have a mole of my chin and freckles) One Sunday We were visiting family when out of nowhere MD looks up at me and loudly asks me "Mommy you have a booger in your nose?" I start to cover my nose and try to quietly shush him, while trying to ask for a tissue when MD tells me again (In a louder voice) "Mommy you have a BOOGER in your nose!" Michael who is sitting on the other side of MD starts to laugh as MD climbs on my lap and tries to pull my hand away from my face "Mommy YOU HAVE A BOOGER IN YOUR NOSE!!" He then adds "I have boogers in my nose too" After that I just start to laugh, which then eggs him on to yell "MOMMY I LOOK AT YOU BOOGERS!!!!" Finally I am able to blow my nose but at this point I am laughing so hard that I am crying and Michael starts to tease me about my boogers too.
Sometimes I look at mothers who appear to have it all together and envy them- Then I realize I am doing the world a favor. If we weren't here who would provide everyone with plenty of entertainment?
5 comments:
Ha ha! I giggled out loud about the boogers! And wow that is a lot of broken stuff! :)
Love you Laurie. And who gets to define "having it all together"? I think you have got some things figured out that some people will never understand. You are awesome! I can't wait to see you in August!
Enjoy keeping up with your family and your booger hunters. Boys are a different breed all together. Back to back boys are amazing and so different from back to back girls. No one has it all together, those that think they do are two stitches from falling apart at the seams. Enjoy your family, enjoy and rejoice in your own strengths!.
I love your blog and your boys are adorable! How fun that they get to grow up being best friends! You're such a great mom - keep putting those boys first and don't worry about the rest. They'll be plenty of time for that once your kids are all grown and gone!
I agree about the dignity part!
The booger part did make me laugh and was totally relateable.
You are amazing to me. I mean you grocery shop alone! That right there puts you high up in my book!!! and inspires me!
and in "alone" I meant w/o another adult to wrangle you kids back into the "car buggy" when the smarties stop working!!
Post a Comment