Superheroes in Training

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Michael Dunn turns FOUR!

Happy Birthday to my AMAZING four year old!!! This wonderful big boy is such a fun kid to be around and such a wonderful friend and helper. I am constantly amazed by this boys willingness to help others, his kindness to his brothers and his generous nature. He has been such a blessing with Seth. He loves to help me and constantly asks to hold him. He will run and get me diapers for Seth and is always trying to make Seth smile. He is best friends with his brother Hyrum and while they fight quite a bit they play together even more. He is my sweetheart and daddy's buddy and we have always been grateful he is our son. Happy Birthday MD!

MD wanted a Willy Wonka party. We sent out golden tickets with a bar of chocolate for invites, had a candy store for them to go through at the end, golden "eggs" (yellow balloons with candy) they had to pop, pictures to take in a TV and other games. It was a lot of work but I am glad MD was able to experience a real party thrown just for him. He watched me bake candy all week, helped me a little with his own cake and picked out his present, so when his party finally came he was pretty excited :) However He will have to have happy memories of this party because I won't be doing this again for a bit-Except maybe for Hyrum in two months who has been asking non-stop for a party just like Michaels :)

Some pics of the "Candy Store"
My wonderful mother-in-law came down and helped. She made some yummy peanut brittle, brought the fun dip, made the cookies on the cake and helped SO much with the party. Thanks mom for all your help!



Michaels "Chocolate river" cake
Michael got distracted with his presents and wanted to stop his birthday so he could play with them
Popping the golden eggs for the candy inside



Taking pictures in the T.V.



Happy Birthday my wonderful Michael Dunn!!!!

6 comments:

Erin and Andrew said...

wow! that looks like A LOT of work! but how cool! I'm sure the boys loved it- what a fun idea! Maybe I'll have to throw one for Andrew's birthday...

Celia said...

The pictures turned out great!

Thanks for letting us be a part. Sooo much fun. You did such a great job.

Love those sweet boys.

And their mom and dad.

Lydia said...

Awesome Idea!! ANd everything looks SO cute!! Happy B Day little man!

Rollins Family said...

That really was an amazing birthday party. You did such a fantastic job. I love his smug/sullen expression in his picture in the TV!

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Oh my word! I love it more than words! It is spectacular, I think maybe SOMEDAY I'll attempt a feat like this but then again...

Anonymous said...

Hahaha I love his little Woody undies poking out of his pants. These are great pictures!