Sundays are the hardest day of the week for us. From the early morning bustle to the battle in Sacrament meeting to the callings we do it is a HUGE relief to walk out of church knowing that I can put my kids down for naps. Yesterday after everyone was dressed we had a couple of minutes to spare before we needed to leave for church so I took some pictures of my kids knowing I would be close to insane AFTER church and it wouldn't get done.



From what I hear Sundays are pretty hard on ALL mothers but for those wonder mothers out there who have found a way to stay sane throughout the Sunday I would LOVE to know what you do.
3 comments:
I love that family picture! blue looks great on you!
We do ok til Sacrament meeting which is last for us so from 3-4pm. This last week I was on the stand singing with the women and watching Jake and my brother in law take care of the girls and I witness AImi Lark STAB mali su in the head with a pen... cranky kids I think is inevitable when they are confined to a pew haha
I feel so bad sometimes when I can't pay attention in sacrament meeting. Her diaper bag is full of junk that will each keep her desrtacted for maybe five minutes at a time lol. Naps are wonderful....we go on walks and also, I work every other Sunday so daddy gets her at night =) haha
First off...we never look as cute as you guys do for church! That is your first mistake :)
I should never say this because I am already wondering when crazy church is going to start again, but recently the kids seem to have hit their stride at church. They aren't perfect, but it's all relative to how they used to be. I think it is their age, so maybe you will be out of this phase in a few months (I am sure even if it gets better, it won't last...nothing ever lasts for us :)
Bringing stuff for them to play with hasn't worked much but giving Samuel gum after the sacrament with the threat of us taking it away has been great incentive for him. He doesn't get it if he isn't good before the sacrament and he loses it if he acts up after.
Post a Comment