Superheroes in Training

Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Our 2 weeks notice

We finally received word after waiting for months that we got the transfer- We are moving in 2 weeks! We were going to move in August anyway since Michael wants to finish schooling and get a degree that he actually wants, but this just makes it a little easier. Michael won't have to get a new job, we still have insurance, and the working hours are awesome for students

So for the next 2 weeks we are packing and cleaning! We are excited to see the family and friends that are up there, but I am sooooo sad to leave my Mother and Father. I wish they could come. My kids have loved the country life and have had experiences that I am glad they have had. My kids eat beans off the vine, apples and pears from tree, see horses that live down the street and spend about 50% of the day outside. Part of me is so sad to lose alot of this-I was made for country living. My Mom and I were even talking of making strawberry preserves from fruit in her garden. I love the Self sufficient atmosphere here and I love the laid backness of the country. My kids run around with t-shirts and shorts and their favorite boots, and if it is too hot sometimes they go without the shirts. They dress up for Church but that is pretty much it. I hate that We won't be able to just walk over to Meh-maws and Poopahs every day just to visit. MD asks for my mom by name multiple times a day and always wants to show her his newest discovery. My mom is my OTHER best friend, Second only to my husband and I hate that I won't be able to see her everyday.
Anyway I love RossCrossing and am sad to leave, but still am excited for our next adventure. In all honesty I love the weathers better (I like the cold) no fire ants, hurricanes, red wasps and roaches. And I really look forward to seeing family I haven't seen in awhile.

AND we will no longer be the Texas Huish Family.. Hmm any ideas for a new name for my Blog????

My Half naked baby-Well I'll still probably let him dress like this if it is nice outside :)

6 comments:

Justin and Ashleigh Smith said...

Oh wow! How exciting for you guys to move on to another chapter in your life! I know it's a bitter/sweet though. Although Im perfectly content here in AZ, I was just thinking today about how nice it would be to live in an area like Ross Crossing or around the Williamsons where there are tons of kids and Ethan could just run around, play with other kids outside all day and get as muddy as he wants! Im sad that my kids wont have that experience. I really am excited for you guys though. I love Utah as well! It is so beautiful there! Good luck packing, cleaning and moving!

Jill said...

Congratulations! I'm so excited for y'all! I didn't know Michael worked for UPS- Johnny used to and we LOVED the benefits. Good luck- we look forward to following your family through your blog :)

Kimberly said...

How fun for your family!!! We are excited for y'all! Good luck with packing, moving, school, etc, etc, etc

AmyLyn said...

I'm so sad. :-( Every one is leaving me!! It was so fun to have you close, Laurie. You guys will definitely be missed! I'm opening an invitation for your boys to come over ANYTIME in the next two weeks while you do your thing over there. Let me know if you need boxes, help boxing stuff and cleaning.

Anne-Marie said...

Super excited for you! Agree on the bittersweet...if you guys keep leaving, I might have to fill the vacancy! I have envied yours and Meg's kids having automatic friends and a great yard to play in! Have fun in Utah, but watch out...you might not have a place to come back too! :) :) :) (JK...I think I am stuck here in San Anton for a while!)

Anonymous said...

woo hoo come on up!!!