Superheroes in Training

Thursday, June 4, 2009

The Birthday Boy!

Hyrum turned one today!!! We are celebrating him turning one tonight so I will post pictures of that later but I thought I would recap his life up until now.

Hyrum was a child that I felt was a gift to me while Michael was away. I had the thought that while Michael was deployed MD would keep me busy and Hyrum would give me someone to hug. He was a sweet happy boy who made my life easier in SO many ways- while MD was hitting the hurricane age where I made him unhappy most of the time Hyrum was so easy to please and was full of love. He charmed every person who came in contact with him with his quick smile, gorgeous hair and sweet personality. After he got sick during hurricane Ike we went to the doctors where he charmed the x-ray tech, her friend who she called in and 5 women out in the waiting room who swarmed us when we arrived and then again when when we left.

Birth

Blessing Day

This picture earned him the nickname Humpty Dumpty


Hyrum LOVES his older brother-Pretty close to Hero worships him. He plays with whatever MD has shown interest in, follows him everywhere and tries to do everything MD does. He has learned most things extremely quickly-walking at 10 months (More like running, and his first step was more like 7 steps) because thats what MD was doing, eating more foods because he didn't want his baby food when his brother was getting things like whole unsmooshed beans, and bananas. He wants to be a big boy because thats what his brother is.

Partners in Crime





So to Hyrum on his birthday I want him to know just what a special treasure he is to me. It is a special privialge to be your Mother.

Hyrum or Hyrumplestilskins, Hyrum-puh-puh-pum, Hyrumas or Hy-Yah! (Which is what MD calls him)
Pals. MD is definitely Hyrums Best Friend

2 comments:

Joel and Crystal said...

Happy Birthday little man! He is such a cutie! Can't believe he is one. Looking forward to seeing you all soon!!! Enjoy the birthday celebrations tonight!

Celia said...

Happy, happy birthday to our sweet Hyrum! Can't wait to love you and your big brother up soon!
Loved the entry Laurie - you're such a good mamma!