Superheroes in Training

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

If I want to know just how much my kids love me

All I have to do is lie on the floor and pretend I am asleep :) Tonight while the boys were giggling and tickling me I decided to pretend I had fallen asleep to see how they would react. Almost immediately I was leaped upon by a Prince Charming (AKA Hyrum) who proceeded to kiss me repeatedly. That was followed by my other Knight in Shining Armor who held my hand while telling me that "mommy not sleepy! Mommy wake up." As I lied on the floor loving the attention both kids apparently got a little desperate and both jumped on top of me and started slapping my face and screaming "MOMMY GET UP!!!! YOU NOT SLEEPY!!!! GET UP!!!!!" Needless to say I awoke from my 'nap' shortly. I learned a little lesson from these kids. They are very aware of me and if anything seems to be wrong with me it concerns and then scares them. These kids love me with all of their sweet hearts and I must say that those feelings are reciprocated. I have to admit that both reactions were very touching to me. I love being the center of my children worlds and the person who they look to for security. What a blessing these children are.

Who wouldn't want to be a princess with such princes around. :)


These pictures were taken while the boys helped their daddy work on his bike. The boys love handing daddy his tools.

2 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

I always thought having boys would be such a wonderful feeling of being a "princess"

Rollins Family said...

Your boys sure are sweet. It is nice to have sweet moments with kids. It makes the not so sweet ones worth it :)