First I want to say that the race was SO MUCH EASIER then I had expected. There was a bit of an uphill part but it was right at the beginning when I was so pumped with
adrenaline that by the time I started to feel winded it leveled out. Then I ran downhill for a couple of miles. I felt so good at the end of it and felt so pumped it made me excited to try a half marathon!
The race was on Saturday the 13
th and it was suppose to storm but luckily the rain held off until they were handing out the awards :)
Right before we left for the race. Funny lighting-not so flattering a picture and I will admit that night I had barely gotten any sleep and had had a hard time eating because of nerves!

After I finished the race in 47 minutes and 26 seconds!

With the boys

And in case anyone wondered how the kids occupied themselves during the race: They
pushed an empty stroller around and ran up and down some hills :)

And the best part of the run-Having my family there to watch me finish it. It was such a sweet feeling seeing my husband at the end and seeing how proud he was of me for running the race.
7 comments:
I really really want to get into running again, maby in 20 pounds from now we should train for the same half...and fun together!!!
Awesome job laurie!! I wish I liked running lol
Just want to let it be know that I was there! I just couldn't find you.
Great job. That is a pretty quick time too. Way to go!
WAHOOO Laurie!!!! You are awesome! We love you and your family!!!!
Man I'm so proud of you!
I am so bummed I didn't do it too!
HOW EXCITING!!!!!!! You look so good, and 47 MINUTES is AMAZING!!! I'm pretty sure I could never run a 10K that quickly....WOW! Congratulations, and I love you!
Post a Comment