Superheroes in Training

Sunday, March 21, 2010



So I have had a little bit of writers block lately. I have had funny things to document but for some reason as soon as I get on my blog I realize I don't feel like writing at the moment. But in the spirit of Blogging Sunday I am going to try to have a go.

There has been alot going on in this household. Michael is almost done with his first semester at BYU and I am so EXCITED! Man sometimes I feel like I am competing with work, church and school but poor Michael is doing a marvelous job making sure he puts quality family time as a priority. I don't know how his head does not explode with everything he has taken on. He also has decided he is going off of sugar with me which has resulted in him dropping 12 pounds. Men's metabolism make me envious. What I would trade to just drop off my unwanted weight!

(By the way this is is such a GREAT picture of Michael. Lucky me I married such a looker :)

I am pretending I am super woman these days. It's not that I have a ton more work added onto my daily load, but for some reason I haven't quite figured out how to juggle everything that has been going on for awhile-Like staying sane with two growing boys in the house. On top of my kids I also am trying (and failing miserably) to keep our apartment in order, have food on the table and keep my physical body in check with exercise. When did time start flying by?
MD is verbally exploding. That has been fun for the most part (Except when we are walking outside hand in hand and he lets out a yell screaming "Mommy STOP HURTING ME!" and man do I get some looks! First off I was NOT hurting that little kid-that is what he says when he doesn't want me to hold his hand anymore but try explaining that to the women staring at me horrified. But one HUGE perk to understanding MD is that I am now getting a glimpse into the little world he lives in. The other evening we spent a good amount of time playing a make believe game where he opened an imaginary door and invited me in. Then we go on a car ride (I have to drive even in his imagination) and drive to town. This game is very real to him. So real that when his daddy tried to get in on the fun by kicking the imaginary door down, it sent MD into hysterics. Finally he was calmed down when him and his daddy rebuilt this door together. I love seeing into his imagination. It is amazing to realize that my little newborn sweetheart is turning into a child with thoughts of his own.Hyrum is a monkey. For some reason he reminds me of those monkeys that tease the alligator in the old nursery song. He is a bundle of disobedient energy that blows through a room leaving destruction, laughter and anger in it's wake. This child is SO funny to watch though not so fun to discipline. Even Michael has noticed that Hyrum is much more disobedient then he used to be. I think he just noticed because most of the time the boys run to do what Michael says immediately. (another thing I am envious about!) Hyrum is a good friend though and seems to be willing to play with anyone. He is very social and would prefer for me to hang back and let him do his thing.

I am not sure why they like getting on these shelves but I thought it was funny. They were having a grand old time until I decided to pull out the camera. Nothing spoils their fun like mommy trying to document it :)
And I just ran across this picture. I don't remember taking it but I thought it was funny. Another kill joy for the kids is bedroom time. But look at their room in this picture and you get a good idea what they do to the rest of the house :)

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

Wow 12lbs from no sugar! Jealous! Great job at documenting! Your boys seem like a blast!

Daniel said...

I love your family. Ya'll are so much fun to visit. I particularly like the part about Michael kicking the door in and then rebuilding it. So funny.

Rollins Family said...

Hang in there. Also, fyi I love reading your blog. You have such a great family!

Joel and Crystal said...

Love it! Hyrum is growing so fast and love MD's imagination!