Superheroes in Training

Monday, October 25, 2010

Blah Blah Blah and more Blah.

So I might have jumped the bullet a bit on getting everything ready for boy #3 (And when I say a bit I mean everything was ready around 25 weeks.) Realizing I had left myself a lot of free time to just sit and look at all the tiny baby stuff I decided to rush the next exciting thing- Christmas. Yes Christmas for our boys (even unmet person 3) has been completely taken care of... And so I sit here with about 3 1/2 weeks left bored out of my skull staring at all the things still unworn and unused..........

I am sick of blogging-but unfortunately I am even sicker of staring at my unchanging Blog so here I am at the computer while my sources for entertainment pretend to take naps. What should I Blog about???? A couple of things have crossed my mind over the past couple of hours/days so I am going to put them up to air them out.

1) MD. First of all I have two thoughts when it comes to him- One he is a HANDSOME little boy. Am I a bit biased-definitely, but even still sometimes I look at him with his beautiful baby blues and just have to give him a kiss. It's an uncontrollable urge-I have seen it work on other little girls too. Thought number two is about what has comes out of his mouth lately. No- no swearing or anything along those lines but I am becoming the source of some speculation to him. He seems to be fascinated with my weight gain and while he acknowledges that there is a baby in mommy's belly (Who he thinks he can talk to through my belly button) he also can't help but tell me that I look like a tomato. YES MY BOY IT'S TRUE! And apparently he has been watching me eat. I don't completely understand why but the other night during our prayers MD decided to have a 5 minute conversation in which he asked Heavenly Father to bless our food and that mommy would not eat all of it.

2) Hyrum.....is a monkey. That and he reminds me of my brother Samuel and my dad all rolled into one explosive package. Also baby puberty has hit which means on top of his "making trouble is fun" attitude- I have to deal with him getting furious at me if I try getting in his way or intruding AT ALL in his life. He however seems to be able to turn it on or off at will and after getting into trouble usually calms down withing seconds to let me know that he is happy now. He also is a cutie but usually I have the urge to squeeze him rather then kiss him probably because he hates it. He looks just enough like a baby that I feel like I can get away with pinching his chubby cheeks. He refuses to come to me now when I ask for a hug though so usually I have to grab him as he races past me.

3) Superman- I can't stand him. Guess what my children are going to be for Halloween?

4) I want to hermit inside my house until this boy (If you can't tell names are eluding us for the moment) makes his appearance. I just hate getting dressed these days and would rather sit in my house and laugh at the kids and read. Probably eat too if I didn't have MD watching....

5) I hate asking for help. Isn't that a form of pride? Well All I know is yesterday I was getting such bad pains in my leg that I couldn't even walk. Michael made me stay home from church and then called his parents to ask for help. I sat and cried and cried. Why do I feel humiliated when I need help? I certainly don't mind giving help.....I don't know.........Pride......probably. I know I sat and thought about my problem while left alone in the house and realized that it was an issue.

On a lighter non-complaining note I am making some french bread to go with a new recipe for meat loaf I am trying. My house smells pretty awesome and it makes me feel all accomplished. Cooking is one of those tasks that actually gets me excited when I am trying something new. I always feel like no matter how little I have accomplished during the day if I have a good yummy dinner then the day was a success. And it helps that my hubby thoroughly appreciates everything I cook and makes me feel like a million bucks when he walks in the door (He also cleans up my food mess that I make-making it even more fun to cook :)

4 comments:

SHILLIG4FAMILY said...

"baby puberty"
never heard it
but LOVE it

I liked hearing your thoughts, a lot.

Your pain sounds so rough! I am so glad you have in-laws close enough to be of some help, what a blessing!!

You have a wonderful husband who watches out for you, that is so great! I know Jake always tells me "you're not made out of steel ya know"

Joel and Crystal said...

Love you Laurie and love reading your thoughts on your blog. Can't wait to meet the new little guy. I think I say that every time I comment but it's true.

Joel and Crystal said...

Love you Laurie and love reading your thoughts on your blog. Can't wait to meet the new little guy. I think I say that every time I comment but it's true.

Rollins Family said...

I think this was a great post to a blog. Your boys are so cute and handsome and I can't wait to meet boy number 3. I am really sorry I can't even help right now, but know that we are thinking about you and cheering you on. You are an amazing mother and friend. Also great job on cooking. We meaning I haven't cooked for way too long, unless you count mac and cheese and pancakes.