Superheroes in Training

Sunday, October 31, 2010

So this year my boys have been getting in the spirit of Halloween since the beginning of October and have asked to wear their costumes everyday. Like I said in an earlier post- This alternate reality for these boys has some benefits since I usually can get them to do what I want by threatening to put Superman away. I also have enjoyed watching their imaginations take off. They LOVE hopping around "flying" and they fight bad guys all the time. Lately their newest game is to "Save" the other brother usually from Daddy. That means that while the one boy is being held captive (Getting tickled) the other boy launches off the couch on top of daddy and yells "I saved you!!!!!" (Or in Hyrums case "I-I-I-I-I-I SHAVED NO-NO!" N0-NO is what Hyrum calls MD these days) It is fun to watch all my guys rolling and wrestling on the ground.

Anyway back to Halloween. So this year we had two supermen-One was dressed in a spiderman outfit but that was just a disguise-he really was superman. (Hyrum Picked out the spiderman costume earlier this month for Halloween and I am too much of a stickler to go get ANOTHER costume-especially since MD picked out "The Thing" from Fantastic 4 and would only wear it under the costume I got for Hyurm LAST year.)

Halloween morning found the two crankiest boys around. They pitched huge fits and didn't want to do anything except be supermen. However we had a Birthday party to go to in the morning, a Ward Halloween party to go to in the afternoon and trick-or-treating in the evening so they didn't get much chance to just play. At the end of the ward party MD informed me that he didn't want to do anything else and that he just wanted to go do bed-room time. However once the trick-or-treating started he got way more enthusiastic and the rest of the night both boys were excited and hyper as they first received their buckets of candy, and then inhaled it. When we got home some friends came over and we played cards while we handed out candy to the trick-or-treaters (Which were WAY more in abundance then I have ever dealt with in my life)

MD does not enjoy getting his picture taken so this is about as good as it gets for him-at least on that day
So I thought I would throw in a picture I took a couple of days before at His Preschool Halloween party. Love his face :)
Hyrum "flying"
It kind of stormed right before we went out and so we got to enjoy some of natures beauties
MD was really impressed with these pumpkins and was asking non-stop to go look at them again.
Me (looking awesome) and the boys. It was still sprinkling and so I was wearing Michael's jacket that kept me nice and toasty. Also made me look ridiculously huge- Well that and the baby :)

Kind man who not only let me take his picture but gave away HUGE bags of candy to each kid. I have never lived in a place this serious about Halloween.

The boys enjoying their spoils.
Happy Halloween!

1 comment:

Celia said...

Happy Halloween! It looks like everyone had fun. Cute pictures. Miss you guys!