When I got pregnant with MD we thought of it as a bit of a miracle (there were some issues that would have made pregnancy impossible-luckily they disappeared :) and we plowed on ahead with daydreams of becoming a new family of three.
Then came Hyrum. Fortunately for me Hyrum was easy breezy and life with him was actually easier then life without him. Finally I had a playmate for MD and a happy one at that.
BAM! Into my life was thrown Seth kicking and screaming. At first I thought that it was cute that such a tiny little guy had such an opinion-until I realized that he was opinionated about everything. At first my days were filled with patience but at some point that patience turned into frustration and instead of me trying to calm him down I had to start walking away.
I gave myself a couple of months for life to get to some degree of normal but it doesn't seem to be settling-maybe this crazy life will be my new normal :)
Finally I decided to ask for advice from some of the mothers who on top of being wonderful mothers show that they love it. Every single one of them at one point gave the same advice: You can't do everything so focus on the things that are most important. Wouldn't you know that is also the advice my husband game me- Smart man :)
I have to admit that I am one of those people who feel like I have to be perfect at everything! So that advice has been hard to incorporate because as I was telling Michael "Everything is important!" I LOVE being a homemaker- I love cooking and keeping house and taking care of my family and myself. I love feeling productive and proactive and it goes against my nature to just stop doing something. I think if I had just a few more hours in the day I could get everything done.
So maybe this is why I only really post pictures lately- my life is so chaotic to myself that it's hard to blog about it without sounding crazy.
3 comments:
You are not crazy. I feel the same way but I only have two kids. I think you are amazing! You have a wonderful family and are an amazing example to so many people (including myself).
Love you Laurie! Just don't stop blogging. :) That's important too. We need to see pics of your kiddos and they will love reading it someday. You will find your groove as a mother of 3. You are an awesome momma~ Good luck keeping all those boys fed! Sounds exciting!
I always think Solomon will be my screamer, all families have one right?
Post a Comment