One of the benefits of pumping for HOURS every day is that it gives me some much needed me time. This morning I was reading and the idea came to me that it was time to start including the boys more in Family Home Evening (FHE). In other words THEY get to start giving lessons, making refreshments and picking out songs as opposed to them listening and pretending that they care about the lessons I or their father have prepared.
So today went as follows :
I made a FHE chart with names that rotate. Today MD had the Lesson, Hyrum had refreshments and Seth had the closing prayer. I asked Hyrum what he wanted to make for refreshments and he said he wanted a cookie cake. MD said he wanted to do a lesson on trains when asked so I asked Michael to help him and I helped Hyrum make his cookie cake.
Basically Hyrum had a blast rolling out the cookie dough on a pie plate and MD was totally jealous that Hyrum got to do it.
MD's lesson went like this (In the form of a story/prayer)
"Dear Heavenly Father, Once upon a time there was a train and it is like the church. If you jump out of the train you will get hurt and if Hyrum jumps out of a church he will get hurt. In the name of Jesus Christ Amen."
Lesson learned.
Afterwards MD helped Seth say a prayer (in other words MD said the prayer) and they ate up the cookie cake. When asked what he wanted to make when it is his turn next week, MD told me he wanted to make a train, but then seemed to think about it for a minute and decided that a train would hurt his tummy so instead he would make a cookie cake too.
On a side note-Seth laughed out loud today. It was awesome because he was in the middle of a scream when I started laughing at him and he couldn't handle it. Mid scream turned into laughter which he kept trying to turn back into a scream but I was too funny :)
3 comments:
Laurie this is an awesome idea!!! I think I might try it with our kids too. Can't wait to see what they come up with for lessons and such!
Your boys are too cute. I think your idea is brilliant. Ella loves singing songs for FHE but that is about it. I think having her give a lesson would be great! Thanks for the idea.
FUNNY STUFF!
and LOVE that picture to the right, the family 2011 one!
Post a Comment