I am starting to HATE blogging. Mostly because they changed up blogger and it takes forever to load any pictures. So I don't blog. Then I realize my kids are doing some terrifically awesome things and I don't want to miss this stage of their lives. PLUS I am turning into a hermit because our phone broke and this is one of our only interactions with the outside world :) Good excuse to get back to blogging a little.
We have been busy over the last month. This is Michael summer vacation and we have been vacationing! AND there are no plans to stop in the near future. One of the vacations we took was up to Oregon! It's been several years since the whole family has been there (Like MD was 8 months old) and the idea of a road trip sounded kind of nice. Call me crazy but I love having 12 uninterrupted hours to talk to my husband. OK they were 13 VERY interrupted hours with the kiddos going crazy in the backseat but I still enjoyed parts of it :) Unfortunately I lost my camera until the last day, so no pics from some of my favorite parts of the trip-Like going to the Portland temple, or going to eat at Famous Daves ( Delicious! Best barbecue this side of Texas.) Also the family we stayed with had an amazing yard and my kids played until they dropped. In the dirt. They were so covered we had to scrub every inch of their bodies to remove it. The boys had a blast and I felt SO guilty returning them to their very boring no yard home. They have recovered nicely though as we have been off having other adventures!
I was in love with their porch swing. I would go out in the evenings and just sit and look at the beautiful view surrounding me and just swing. It is now a "must have" in the future :) I think if I could I would install one in the babies room.
Cousin Karter jumpin' in on the action.
One of the swings.
Seth the Stud.
Fell flat on his face! I don't know why but I love seeing little kids laying in the grass.
Hyrum insisted I take a picture of this gun. Guess what he wants for his birthday?
Michael and I
Me in all my pregnant glory. With this pregnancy more then any other I have noticed how I start the morning off looking fairly normal sized then by the evening I have ballooned out to look at least a month more pregnant then I actually am. Anyone else have/had this problem? Makes eating that much more fun :)
The other rope swing! This one was responsible for most of the dirt :)
Handsome group of guys. Especially the one in the middle.
Everyone of us is pregnant. (Missing Melissa in this picture!) I love that there are going to be so many cousins around the same age. If only everyone would move closer to me :)
And time to head home.
*Case and point-I had to redo the pictures about 5 times before they all loaded. Took over an hour.





2 comments:
Your boys are getting so big! Looks like it was a great trip! And a porch swing with beautiful scenery sounds really nice!
I love road trips to talk to Jake too!!!
Post a Comment