Anyway I had not known when I had married Michael that we would become a family of nicknames. I thought actually that we wouldn't because Michael was adamant about naming our children the names that we would call them-in other words the first name was what they would be known by. However that is not the case these days. Michael Dunn has now become MD, McJiggers,and The Main Michael Man. I call Michael babe and he calls me Lover beans (Used to be lover of the beans which I think was a spin off of a veggie tales movie-Lord of the Beans)
When we decided to name our second son Hyrum, I couldn't think of anything else to call him besides his name. With Michael Dunn it just came naturally to make little names for him. So when people asked if we would call Hyrum HJ i looked at them like they were crazy-HJ???? that doesn't flow like MD! besides I don't really want to become a family of initials. So Hyrum has been Hyrum for the majority of his life..until recently. My mom came up with this nickname and it has kind of stuck. Enter Humpty Dumpty.

So now we are known as: Babe, Lover Beans, McJiggers and Humpty Dumpty...hmmm maybe we WILL shorten that to HD :)
1 comment:
I love it! It fits him!
Post a Comment