Superheroes in Training

Saturday, August 2, 2008

It's always fun when Grandpa Comes


Wow I will always look back at the time I lived in my parents backyard as a magical time for my kids. It is so wonderful to have family and friends so close and to be able let my children run outside with cousins and play with the Grandparents. Yesterday evening I took MD and Hyrum outside so I could relax and read while MD ran off some of his pent up energy. As soon as we walked into the garden area we saw Grandpa watering. I knew as soon as MD saw him that we were in for a treat. After about a minute I heard MD start shrieking with laughter and saw his grandpa spraying him with the hose. To add to the excitement Jenny and Clayton joined us outside after a couple of minutes. Michael was in Heaven! He was wet, had Grandpas attention and Clayton to play with. He would have played all night if I had let him. All we needed was some watermelon and we would have had a party! It makes me sad to think that we might not live by family in the future because living so close is such a treat.

1 comment:

Joel and Crystal said...

Too cute! I love Clayton's boots!