I just want to crawl back into bed.
I know I have a problem with my pride. I realize that i am being humbled and it is necessary, but at the same time I am really angry and I know it is stupid. MD has managed to hurt himself everyday for the last three days in a row. I know it is normal for this age group and I know that he is in a growth spurt so that for someone who is already awkward and a klutz has turned even more awkward and klutzy. I don't think i would have as much of a problem with it all if all of the injuries didn't have to appear on his face.
On Thursday MD was trying to get to my in-laws TV that they had blocked off with some chairs and he ended up pulling the chair down on top of himself making his nose bleed horribly and giving him a bruise under his right eye. On Saturday when he woke up from his morning nap I went in and got him up, changed his diaper and then picked up Hyrum and was walking out when MD darted in front of me, hit my leg as I was walking and tripped into the side of the door head first where he received a big blue bump right on his forehead. This morning I got up and was changing MD from his wet diaper. I had just zipped him up when he went running. I didn't have my contacts on at that time and I was still feeling pretty groggy so I wasn't paying that much attention to what he was doing. When i finally noticed I saw him crawling into Hyrums swing that he had already fallen out of a couple of days before and so I went to go grab him but right before I reached him the back fell out of the swing, and MD fell face first onto the metal base where he bruised his other eye and the top of his nose.
I know I am being really dumb but I hate the comments that come with accidents like this. I hate having people look at him and wonder if he is getting abused. i hate feeling like I am a negligent parent when I am trying my hardest to be the best mom that I can be. I dread going to church today to answer questions and as stupid and as prideful as this sounds, I hate that it is my child that is constantly hurting himself. Most of all though I am sad that MD hurts.
6 comments:
Go MD! You are a BOY! And Laurie...hit where the clothes will cover the marks and people won't know how abusive you are =) love ya,
Meggie
you are totally justified in all your feelings and people should just keep to themselves... if someone says something reply happily that "Yes he is ALL BOY!" b/c boys will be boys no matter what.
I feel your frustration...we are sometimes way too judgemental...Don't worry too much because he has way too many years of bumps and bruises to go.
If it makes you feel any better Ethan is the same way. he constantly has bruises, scratches, bumps and whatever else comes with being so active. He falls all the time and always manages to leave marks to where everyone can see. Ive had the same feelings of "what if someone thinks I'm a negligent parent?" My husband always tells me that people are generally good and not many people think that way. Most people believe that boys will be boys! Hope that helps!
Adalie too. Sorry you feel so bad though and MD hurts, bruises go away =) i am told this is only the beginning...wait until he breaks his arm. lol love you lots, smile!
I know the feeling Laurie. There was a while there that Robert either had a black eye or a busted lip and he still falls sometimes. I also don't appreciate the comments I get and I think it's for the same reason. I'm trying to be a good mommy although sometimes comments make me feel otherwise. But I am getting LOTS of practice with patience and humility and remembering that Heavenly Father's opinion is the one that matters and he knows how hard we are trying. Love you and I think you are an incredible mom!
Post a Comment