I thought I would do a quick update while I have both kids in bed :) I am in Utah! After the Gustav scare I was already halfway up here and I decided to make a trip of it, and when I say a trip I mean about a month. It took three days to get here and I have some fun pics that I look forward to posting whenever I figure out how to load them onto my in-laws computer. My sister Shannon helped me with the boys and I had a BLAST driving up there with her. i definitely want her in my car the next time we have a road trip. She is hilarious and is so good with kids and with dealing with long car rides that turn out to be all for nothing.
I am enjoying my trip. The day after I got into Utah I loaded the kids back up and we headed up to Oregon with family to attend the baby blessings of my niece and nephew. Both were wonderful and I had soooo much fun being with the family. I honestly feel like I am a sister and not just a sister-in-law and I feel so lucky to have married into such a wonderful family. We stayed there for about a week before coming home. i plan on posting more from this Oregon trip (Like I tried squid..It was disgusting! and at the cheesecake factory they cook them whole so it is the whole squid and not just the tentacles. That is the last time I try something that sounds exotic)
I just have to brag about my kids. They are WONDERFUL travelers. Hyrum literally ate and slept the whole time. During the rare moments when he was awake he would try to catch my attention by smiling at me. I cannot believe how mellow and happy he is!!! MD wasn't unhappy but he was a little bit more high maintenance :) Because Hyrum was so happy it was easy to forgive him for the 1 nasty diaper he had. My poor boys got blamed for every stinky smell there was though! At one point our car got a phone call from family following us asking if I had thrown one of the boys diapers out the window because it had gotten caught in their car and was stinking it up. I think those guys were using my boys as a way to cover up their own bodily malfunctions :) (And no I did NOT throw a diaper out the window!)
MD did really well too. He whined a little bit but for the most part would play with me and laugh hysterically at me making funny faces and tickling him. I loved watching him when we would make our pit stops. He would get so excited to be out of the car that he would take off running laughing in delight to be "free" He is such a character!!! Alot of the times he is exhausting but I love him. He is at the age where he is discovering so many new things and I love being the witness to all those new "discoveries"
Anyway I will be here for another month and am so grateful for my wonderful extended family for letting me and the kiddos come crash.
4 comments:
this seems like a perfect trip for y'all! glad you get to be there!
We loved having you here in Oregon and are so glad you all could come. Can't wait to see you again soon!!
Laurie,
It's so good to get an update from you. Glad you are having fun. I bet your in laws are loving seeing you guys! We love you!
You got out at a good time! We are having quite the hurricane season here. Glad the trip is going well. You have tons of fun...you deserve it!
Post a Comment