Superheroes in Training

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Superhero mornings

What causes kids to gravitate naturally to some things? The last 3 days my kids have decided they are superheros and want to wear their costumes all the time. I don't mind so much since it keeps them completely entertained. The other night I walked into their room to find them fighting the imaginary bad guys. MD would jump on his bed and swing his arms around then yell " I got em!" And Hyrum, who insists on being a part of MD's game was on his bed swinging too yelling "Bad Guys!" MD and Hyrum also have started coming into our rooms at around 7:00 in the morning to ask me to put their superman costumes on.They jump on their beds because that makes them fly and they love listening to the Superman theme song and I hear them singing it as they run from room to room.

One perk (Besides the hours of playtime and the happiness it gives the kiddos) is the fact that I use superman as a way to enforce rules
"Superman always says please and thank you!"
"Superman likes to help"
or in some cases
"If you hit your brother I will have to take away superman"

Sometimes it works, sometimes not but it is nice to have something to hold over them :)









His fortress of solitude
We have had to make do with a Spiderman costume sometimes but Hyrum doesn't seem to mind :)

No comments: