Michael called tonight. it was sooo nice. We were able to talk for over and hour. Usually our conversations can only last about 30 minutes before he has to get off. Michael had a nice time listening to Michael Dunn cry and complain when he pulled a can from our food storage off the shelf and it landed on his foot. But after Michael Dunn calmed down Michael talked to him and Michael Dunn enjoyed talking gibberish back.
Michael Has been very busy the last couple of days and will continue to be for the next few. he has been learning how to shoot several different types of guns, and he passed off on a gun that shoots 100 grenades a minute. He said he really enjoyed today. He also has been learning Poshtu, the language that is prominent in the place where he will be stationed. He always has said that he wanted to learn another language and I am glad that he is getting the opportunity. He says that his teacher is from the town in Afghanistan where he will be and has had a lot of experience fighting against the Taliban. He said that this man at one time had been in prison for about 2 years when the Taliban took over. Michael really enjoys his class and says that he is very personable and a good man.
I am doing good at home! (I just thought I'd throw a paragraph about me in:) ) It is hard at times-usually when I am tired and Michael Dunn wants me to hold him. But I am getting use to this. It has been such a blessing having Michael call and keep me updated. The Lord has been so kind to our little family. Everything has fallen into place as far as this new little boy coming into our family, and our financial responsibilities. I am learning a lot! I had never paid bills until now, and I am getting much more confidant going places since I hate driving. I also have had a lot of time to work on mine and Michael's own scrapbook, where I have started putting our story in it along with pictures. It keeps me busy and makes me so grateful for a wonderful family.
No comments:
Post a Comment