Superheroes in Training

Thursday, November 6, 2008

About halfway through the reunion Hyrum started getting sick- He was projectile vomiting, drinking only watered down apple juice, he was running a fever that reached 103.5 under the arm and was completely lethargic. I finally called my doctor in Texas to see what needed to be done (He was on Tylenol but it wasn't doing much-he still had a fever) Anyway I thought I would be told to keep him on medicine for awhile and keep him hydrated (That is usually the advice I get when MD is sick) however because Hyrum was so young, only 3 months at the time, they told me to take him to the emergency room. In we went and was told 4 1/2 hours later that he had a Urinary Tract Infection. Poor kid-but he did so well. I took this picture at the hospital with my phone so it is not the best quality.
Anyway since we have been home we have been going to doctors appointments trying to figure out what needs to be done-Wednesday Hyrum had an ultrasound (Where he completely charmed every person he passed-we had 4 women sit and coo at him before we were called back, an ultrasound tech who sat and laughed through the whole procedure and then called her friend in to see Hyrum and then we were ambushed as we left by the group of women asking about Hyrum and hoping for the best:) We had an appointment where we set up a time for Hyrum to be circumcised next Wednesday, and then after that the test where we find out if Hyrum has Kidney reflux. It will be nice when this is all over with :) Luckily Hyrum really is a trooper.

No comments: