Superheroes in Training

Monday, November 17, 2008

little helper

(This is the face he makes everytime I try to take his picture)

Michael Dunn has turned into one of the busiest and intense kids I have ever seen- I am sure he will follow in his mommas footsteps with some OCD tendencies. Here are some of the things he MUST accomplish, usually daily.

  • Bring the trashcan into the bathroom ( He saw me do it a couple of times when I wanted him to stop digging in it) So now I guess he assumes that is where the trashcan is suppose to be
  • Load the washer up with clothes (Or the dryer-once I was unloading the dryer just to come back and find dirty towels on to of all my clean clothes)
  • Help me wash dishes-He stands at the sink and swirls a spoon in the water and tosses dirty dishes into the sink if I am not washing fast enough
  • rotates my food storage. Despite all my best efforts he continues to get into my food storage-now he goes further, he moves the cans into the kitchen and puts them on an empty shelf next to the sink. He really is SO observant! He watches me when I get food out of storage and always head to the sink where I drain the cans
  • cleans out my bathroom drawer-He constantly is digging my drawer trying to get out all of my q-tips. They started out in the box I bought them in, but now have been scattered all over the bathroom
  • Helps Grandma at her desk. He sits faithfully beside her and moves things he can touch and tries to wedge cards into the printer
Everything he does he does it so seriously and deliberate-it is almost like a chore he must complete before he can go play! It cracks me up to watch him in action and to see him mimic me so much!

4 comments:

Diane... said...

It's me again....I'm lovin your blog!!Is the "Dunn"in Michaels name after his great great grandpa S.A. Dunn?? that's my grandpa and he was/is "GREAT! Sure hope your husband is back home!! I send THANKS for his great service!! Concerning the half marathons...we have a 'half dam marathon' that my kids do here in Mesa...they do the Whiskey Row in Prescott but it is suppose to be the 2nd toughest in the US...lots of hills!! If your every this way..family is always welcome!! Blog on.......

Anonymous said...

what a smart boy!
and such a good detailed list laurie!

Melissa said...

I made my blog private. If you still want to read it send me your email. =)

Melissa said...

my email is matullis@gmail.com