Superheroes in Training

Friday, November 14, 2008

Angels to surround you


Wendsday I took Hyrum in for his circumcision and voiding cystogram. Neither was very serious but I was pretty nervous- I hated the idea of having my 5 month old go under anesthesia. last week I asked my dad to give Hyrum a blessing and in the blessing Hyrum was told that "Angels would Surround him" during this time. It was a huge comfort to me.

When I got to the hospital I found out that his nurse was my neighbor down the street and a member of our church! We also had as his anesthesiologist a member of the bishopric in the ward I attend. I felt overwhelm when I realized that quite literally the Lord had surrounded Hyrum with "angels" it was a sweet blessing and a wonderful comfort to me.

"I ask everyone within the sound of my voice to take heart, be filled with faith, and remember the Lord has said He “would fight [our] battles, [our] children’s battles, and [the battles of our] children’s children.”
"But when we speak of those who are instruments in the hand of God, we are reminded that not all angels are from the other side of the veil. Some of them we walk with and talk with—here, now, every day. Some of them reside in our own neighborhoods." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland October general Conference


I am so grateful for this sweet gift to our little family.

2 comments:

Diane... said...

What a beautiful post...I loved reading it and being reminded of God's tender mercies. May He continue to bless you and yours!!

(I'm your father in law's cousin.)

Anonymous said...

this brought tears to my eyes! thanks for sharing such a sweet story.